Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

get what you pay for

Options
  • 29-09-2010 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi all,

A question for any computer buffs who hopefully might be able to answer this for me.

I bought a custom built pc some time back and when I bought it I upgraded from an i7 920 to an i7 950 processor for about an extra 200.00 euro.

My operating system reads the hardware as being the i7 950 which is fine but someone told me that they could have installed an i7 920 and just inputted it as an i7 950 in the BIOS when building the pc. Is this possible or is it the motherboard that picks up the identity itself from the processor?

There's a heatsink cooler installed on top of the processor and I don't want to go pulling it off to go checking physically.

Could any computer buff advise me?

Thanks.

Comments

Advertisement