Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

any dublin mma gyms open over the weekends?

• 29-09-2010 8:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

i live in america and in a couple of weeks ill be traveling to dublin for a weekend. ill definitely be there saturday the 9th and sunday the 10th and could possibly still be there most of monday.
    i train mma here and would love to check out the mma in dublin while im there. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I don't know, but have a look here for clubs contact details and websites etc.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055970705

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭wetdogsmell

team ryano, saturday mma and nogi, i would say most clubs have weekend classes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

i live in america and in a couple of weeks ill be traveling to dublin for a weekend. ill definitely be there saturday the 9th and sunday the 10th and could possibly still be there most of monday.
    i train mma here and would love to check out the mma in dublin while im there. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Where are you staying in Dublin?.

Its actually a big enough city and public transport isn't the greatest in some area's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 jugg3rnautx

i havent booked a hotel yet but ive been looking at hotels in the downtown area.
    thanks for the info. but unforunately it looks like most of the schools in the area have early saturday classes and i wont be there til 3 in the afternoon. im gonna try to stay there through monday since my team wont be in london til early tuesday.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

Pretty much everywhere trains on Mondays if you're still about.

• Advertisement

Pretty much everywhere trains on Mondays if you're still about.

yeah im seein most places do train on mondays but looks like most train later in the evening. i was hoping to find a place that had early classes. i have to leave dublin by about 8 pm to make it to london in time

We do some jiu jitsu in the mornings on Mondays but it's pretty sporadic. It really depends on who gets out of bed in time :). How come you'll be over?

We do some jiu jitsu in the mornings on Mondays but it's pretty sporadic. It really depends on who gets out of bed in time :). How come you'll be over?

wheres your gym at? im goin to london to corner a friend in ufc 120. he wont get out that way til tuesday and i wanted to go out earlier and check out dublin. its somethin ive always wanted to do

wheres your gym at? im goin to london to corner a friend in ufc 120. he wont get out that way til tuesday and i wanted to go out earlier and check out dublin. its somethin ive always wanted to do
    We're in Glasnevin, about 15 minutes outside the centre of the city by bus. We also train Saturdays in the morning, usually conditioning!

you can send me a mail barry@informedperformance.com if you're looking to come over. Always interested in seeing new faces :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭bjj-fighter

Who's your friend?

• Advertisement

Who's your friend?

my coach. spencer fisher

Thats really cool, he's an exciting fighter alright.

Thats really cool, he's an exciting fighter alright.

hes even more exciting to hang out and train with. lol hes a really great guy and very knowledgable

could you suggest any places to train at? itd be awesome to say i got some training in ireland lol

hes even more exciting to hang out and train with. lol hes a really great guy and very knowledgable

could you suggest any places to train at? itd be awesome to say i got some training in ireland lol

Ha yeah I'd say so. Does he have his own gym?

Em well its pretty hard to find good places at the weekend. Theres Barry.Oglesby's place which is a very good gym and team Ryano as you saw earlier on the thread. The gym I train at is great but our classes dont sound you. We've Open Mat and Muay Thai on saturday at 12, Wrestling on sunday would but I dont think thats on at the moment. Heres the timetable anyway :) :
    http://www.sbgireland.com/class-schedule.html

Ha yeah I'd say so. Does he have his own gym?

Em well its pretty hard to find good places at the weekend. Theres Barry.Oglesby's place which is a very good gym and team Ryano as you saw earlier on the thread. The gym I train at is great but our classes dont sound you. We've Open Mat and Muay Thai on saturday at 12, Wrestling on sunday would but I dont think thats on at the moment. Heres the timetable anyway :) :
    http://www.sbgireland.com/class-schedule.html

yeah he has his own gym and brings in various trainers all the time.
    what do you mean by your classes dont sound me?

yeah he has his own gym and brings in various trainers all the time.
    what do you mean by your classes dont sound me?

Haha sorry Im too tired to type. I meant to type dont 'suit' you.

Haha sorry Im too tired to type. I meant to type dont 'suit' you.

lol why wouldnt they suit me?

The times

The times

ah gotcha. i see you guys have a monday morning bjj class. is that a good class to check out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 dkdavey67

sunday wrassling has been back for the last three weeks in sbg if thats any help to you.

• Advertisement

what kind of wrasslin you referring to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

what kind of wrasslin you referring to?
    im sure they mean freestyle wrestling..

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 dkdavey67

yup freestyle.

nice. hopefully i can find my way around dublin and make it that way

Advertisement