Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Checking out digger to make sure its legit

• 29-09-2010 8:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭

hi is there anyway to do a check on a hitachi ex track machine to see that its legit... i have got the serial/chassis number and need to check it out before i buy just to be sure

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭kay 9

Sounds legitimate to me if the serial no's aren't scratched off. track machines are not so easy to rob;) I never checked my one anyway. There is no tax book so they are hard to trace or find proof of ownership.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭kincaid

ok thanks mate its got the serial number on it but just wanted to be sure as he a private seller so you never can be too careful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭kay 9

You could write a declaration and get him to sign it for ya. That way you're covered. One never knows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭dunsandin

Bit of experience of the sharp side of this. Travelled west, and bought a digger - lovely clean machine, all tags and No''s intact, Vat receipt, the whole nine yards, and the seller seemed a gent.
    Worked said digger on a job we were at for about 5 weeks, finished job, no more need for that digger so advertised it for sale. Several "potential buyers" turned up very fast - first day of ad, all very keen to view , and all very interested in the serial No's. None bought, all seemed very serious.

Next evening, a low-loader accompanied by a LOT of Gardai arrived into my yard, blue lights, the works, and seized the digger. The Gardai were very polite, but informed me that I was in posession of stolen property, and I should come down to the barracks first thing in the morning. Which I did. Luckily for me, I had copies of the Drafts I had paid for the machine, and had the "VAT" receipt the seller had given me. The Guards were very serious, but realised I had acted in good faith, and that was that. But the digger was very much GONE. I returned to the seller, wherupon we had a full and frank exchange of views, and from the goodness of his heart he felt predisposed to issue me with a full refund in cash. Were it not for my effusive and bubbly nature and deep seated ability to elicit honest and forthright action from those who seek to do me down, I would have been at a loss of many thousands of Euro. In other words, be very wary of what you buy, and from whom you buy it, unless you are full sure that you are enough of a cnut to get your money back if it turns out to be a less than good deal. There are a lot of sharks out there. And be as straight as you like, the Gardai arriving at your door is not a very good look, requires a LOT of loud explaining of situation in local shops etc. Embarrasing does not cover it.

Advertisement