Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Toddle Bar - Who's the new Owner!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

I see the new licencee is Catherine McGill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 foxylad2

danjo-xx wrote: »
    I see the new licencee is Catherine McGill.

Bar opening Oct Bank Hol Weekend -
    well dont to those involved!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

some turnaround there!

So many sagas happening in this city at the moment.

I think it's fairly obvious that the toddle is no longer going to work as a bar. Well obvious to some and not others I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

what is it going to be? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

At first it was supposed to be a food joint but now it will be a sports bar

• Advertisement

Well it looks like the outside painting is finished and security cams going up today. The old signage of MUSC - SPORTS - Etc still remains.

So if it looks like a duck - waddles like a duck and tastes like a duck.

IT IS............ A PUB:D

Yep. All changed in the last few weeks. Opening 22 October. All drinks 3 bucks and they'll have live music and djs. Good luck to them!

Yep. All changed in the last few weeks. Opening 22 October. All drinks 3 bucks and they'll have live music and djs. Good luck to them!

Ye got a flyer for the opening.
    Would put it up here but i have no idea how to :(

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭ArtVandelay76

some turnaround there!

So many sagas happening in this city at the moment.

I think it's fairly obvious that the toddle is no longer going to work as a bar. Well obvious to some and not others I suppose.

Obviously :D

Obviously :D

:confused: That's intelligent. I sure hope you have nothing to do with running the bar..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

I allways liked the toddle i hope it does well and leaves in the right crowd , 3 euro a drink if ned kellys is any thing to go by the place will be packed for games :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

The flyer i got today says certain drinks are going to be sold at 2euro! this wont fly tbh

Good luck to the guys going in there but rules have to be obeyed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

kryogen wrote: »
    The flyer i got today says certain drinks are going to be sold at 2euro! this wont fly tbh

What rules?

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Santan

well take it that a pint is costing 1.50 to buy then add 21.5% vat thats 1.82 before staff costs rent light and heat and entertainment if they have it, thats a lot of pints to sell before you take any money out of it for the owner

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

any one hear murphys on the back road sold for 140,000 with liscence

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

kryogen wrote: »

I'd imagine this would only be certain spirits? There's no way they can make a profit off a pint selling that low as they definitely wouldn't be able to avail of bulk discounts with the turnover they'd have up there.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

any one hear murphys on the back road sold for 140,000 with liscence

Mentions something about it in this piece

http://www.independent.ie/business/commercial-property/tk-maxx-on-the-move-as-waterford-gets-a-lift-2386762.html

I heard a retired Garda bought it.
    SFJR is also seeking a rent of €25,000 a year for The Toddle Bar, on Lower Yellow Road, a 232sqm well-established licensed premises that incorporates an off-licence, beer garden and smoking area.
    In August SFJR sold the premises, which includes three apartments, to a private investor.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Godsentme

I Heard ALL drinks 2.50.

Went in the Exchange the other day to collect a friend. So many in there I had to phone him.

No Thanks. They were like cattle in there.

cococoady wrote: »
    Ye got a flyer for the opening.
    Would put it up here but i have no idea how to :(

Was it this flyer?

69004_165621866796622_165076220184520_502211_3118821_n.jpg

The Toddle on facebook

• Advertisement

Was it this flyer?

69004_165621866796622_165076220184520_502211_3118821_n.jpg

The Toddle on facebook

That's the one alright

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Am I the only one who thinks there's a market for a service that does a spelling and grammar check on flyers and signs? Who possibly thought there should be an apostrophe in "plasmas"?

Aside from that, it looks like they're trying to directly compete with Ryans and The Exchange.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

^ Good point,

Such fool's :)

9DD779A988FC42899E5A341A53FD1F07-0000331925-0001988193-00800L-A9292F9F33C44CD68688BD9F9921AAE0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

9DD779A988FC42899E5A341A53FD1F07-0000331925-0001988193-00800L-A9292F9F33C44CD68688BD9F9921AAE0.jpg

I think my eyes are bleeding and my brain has exploded.

Well I took that picture this morning. Was gonna come on here and have a rant of my own. Thankfully someone else did it for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Joey leBlanc

Ha! Ha! I'd just love to see a nice Waterford Ladie! What kinda tool thought this would entice people into their fine establishment?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

I went in this evening, the staff are useless all they want to do is watch the television.

^ Sure X factor was probably on.

I was going to go in last night,but i stayed in Ned Kelly's instead, what's it like any change in there?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

was there many in there? how does it look etc.. havent been able to get up that way yet!

Advertisement