Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Toddle Bar - Who's the new Owner!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Could they not buy the boxes from their wholesaler? You'd imagine it would be a fraction cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭savic04

Same Taste but as mentioned above I thought there would be some law against it

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Odats

Don't they have to go through the Vintners approved distributors well those ones that are in the Vintners. As abouttobeband said it's illegal to sell multipack beer singly same as a newsagent selling cans our twin packs of minerals or 20 box crisps separately.
    I wouldn't try claiming VAT back on Tesco receipt on the multipacks (best consult VAT expert/tax consultant) but the Revenue wouldn't refuse more money (i.e. nearly 7 euro per pack VAT assuming input credit is claimed and 3 euro per bottle). You could say on bottles of spirits etc that are bought from Tesco.
    Fair play to the publicans unethically (well from a Vintners POV) bending the rules. It's time to be thrifty and seek best value and give best price to customer while still making a profit.

^ are they passing the savings onto us though? Or just boosting their own GP.

ziedth wrote: »
    ^ are they passing the savings onto us though? Or just boosting their own GP.

I'd agree Ziedth but it happened during the boom from anecdotal evidence that the multipacks were used in pubs and sold at 5 euro a pop in certain establishments.
    If you buy say 20 bottles for 15 euro which is the offer in Tesco at the moment allowing say for VAT it's around 62cent a bottle and if sold for say for 1.75 - 2 euro would still cover o/h's,VAT and make a profit. So Ziedth it's still about a 1 euro dearer from my calculations.
    Solution let's open a shebeen :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

If pubs are using multipack boxes instead of crates, it's because that's how they got them from the distributer. I don't think Musgraves even do crates for example. For the last year, Miller was delivered to us in boxes instead of crates and the bottles are slightly thinner glass as they're not designed to be reused. It wasn't any cheaper for us to buy, that's just how we got it.

I've never heard of any pub getting stock in a supermarket, certainly for the quantity of stock we would have ordered, it wouldn't have made any sense.

By the way, something similar was brought up in the Consumer Issues forum about selling multipack crisps individually. Apparently it's not illegal, it's only a manufacturer reccomendation if I remember correctly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Odats wrote: »
    As abouttobeband said it's illegal to sell multipack beer singly same as a newsagent selling cans our twin packs of minerals or 20 box crisps separately.

I strongly doubt that it is illegal. Its certainly not illegal to sell multipack crisps or minerals singly.

Coca-cola can write 'not for resale' on the bottle, but they can't write the nation's laws.

Multi-pack crisps are often smaller bags than regular bags. It would be illegal to pretend they are the full size, but its 100% legal to sell them individually. I strongly suspect it is the same for beer so long as you have a licence.

dayshah wrote: »
    I strongly doubt that it is illegal. Its certainly not illegal to sell multipack crisps or minerals singly.

Coca-cola can write 'not for resale' on the bottle, but they can't write the nation's laws.

Multi-pack crisps are often smaller bags than regular bags. It would be illegal to pretend they are the full size, but its 100% legal to sell them individually. I strongly suspect it is the same for beer so long as you have a licence.

Adyk cleared the point up above your post. My bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

do the supermarkets get they're drink direct from the drinks company neway

do the supermarkets get they're drink direct from the drinks company neway

Somewhere like Tesco yes in general somewhere like Centra would buy through musgraves and the like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

ziedth wrote: »
    Somewhere like Tesco yes in general somewhere like Centra would buy through musgraves and the like.

So has diageo reduced their prices to the trade since the onset of the depressed and if so by how much?

What was on in the Toddle last night, 2.30am job and amps on full throttle.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

danjo-xx wrote: »
    What was on in the Toddle last night, 2.30am job and amps on full throttle.:)
    I'm guessing music tee hee

seanybiker wrote: »
    I'm guessing music tee hee

On yer bike mister:D

On yer bike mister:D

I can't :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

seanybiker wrote: »
    I can't :(

You could buy a mountain bike :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

Celebrating Chinese new year it was a great craic.china1618.gifDon't worry Seanie it won't be long before you'r back on the bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Junior

I'm after getting invited to a party in The Toddle, whats the story with the place ? Is it still rough or has it sorted itself out ? Should I bring a 2*4 or a Taser ?

^ I'm sure it's fine. I was talking to a guy who drinks there fairly regularly and he said that night is bar far the worst that's gone on in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Junior wrote: »
    I'm after getting invited to a party in The Toddle, whats the story with the place ? Is it still rough or has it sorted itself out ? Should I bring a 2*4 or a Taser ?
    Do iPhones have a Taser app yet?

• Advertisement

Junior wrote: »

thanks for the heads up....when is it so I can batton down the hatches:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

It's absolutely fine OP. I think it's pretty disgraceful the way people have spoke about this bar.

Although, don't look anyone in the eye.
    Don't talk about any pub "in town".
    Don't sit too far away from a fire exit AKA, the front door.
    Don't remind the people smoking in the toilet about the smoking ban.
    Don't talk to anyone in the toilet actually.
    Don't eh....Just don't bother tbh...

(just kidding, I swear)

Didn't hear anything outta the ordinary about it. Me brother be down there a good bit and said its grand. There is always gonna be one acting the borrox though I suppose

So what's changed lads and why (I can guess the why though):p

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

So what's changed lads and why (I can guess the why though):p

Havent been in there since it was the real toddle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

I was there today and not a bother.

Has it closed down now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

Has it closed down now!!

I heard it was broken into the other night.
    Dunno if it's closed down tho

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

Cleaboy is for sale aswell according to one of the lads.

• Advertisement

Closed since about Thursday, but some lights on over the windows on inside.

Advertisement