Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart Tel question

• 29-09-2010 9:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 369 ✭✭

Any smart customers still being hit with the 170gb throttle? Have they scrapped it because it doesn't look like its being enforced. Anyone volunteer to test? :P

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

I got the warning email a few days ago to say I'd gone over 80% of the limit.

I see people over on the Smart Telecom support forum still requesting their caps to be reset.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭seeing_ie

Got a mail from Smart saying that 80% of 170GB had been exceeded and the connection is now throttled, I'm almost sure.

Definitely won't be accepting this, no fair usage policy (or any restriction) was ever mentioned to me when I signed on day one (I asked).

Any communication I've had with customer care they've been hammering the "just buy more GB" message, also "the policy has always been there but not enforced."

Think I'll have to stop being such an advocate for Smart, change to UPC (was looking at doing this anyway for the speeds), and encourage the six relations I signed up to switch.

Advertisement