Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is my wireless modem banjaxed?

• 29-09-2010 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭

Moved from Eircom to Smart Telecom 8 months ago but kept using the Eircom modem for my ST connection.
    Was away for a few days and now only the "Power" and "Wireless" light are on in the Eircom wireless modem.
    The ST connection is still working with the wired modem that came with it.
    I've reset the Eircom wirless modem and tried different phone sockets. Still the same.
    Is the modem broken or is there anything else I could try?
    If I bought a wirless modem, would setting it up with the ST settings be easy and reliable?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Sandy Ravage

If you reset the wireless modem, then it is back to the factory default settings that eircom have set up on it.

You need to configure the modem for the ST settings such as username and password.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Old_-_School

I added the Smart Telecom details after resetting the modem and it was the same as before, no DSL light.
    I think the DSL light has to come on to allow you to change the settings anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I think the DSL light has to come on to allow you to change the settings anyway?

No, but it does sound like your modem is broken. You need a new one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Sandy Ravage

If the dsl light is not lit it means you have no connection to the Smart network. If the connection is still working with the ST modem then it may be that the wireless modem is faulty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

If the dsl light is not lit it means you have no connection to the Smart network. If the connection is still working with the ST modem then it may be that the wireless modem is faulty.

Remove modem from power and telephone cable and leave modem overnight.

reset modem to factory default next day and see how it goes.

If still no ADSL light, you need a new modem.

• Advertisement
Advertisement