Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kitten has double fangs

Options
  • 29-09-2010 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

Hey guys,

I have a 5 and a half month old kitten i noticed the other day that he has 2 fangs on the top left side of his mouth where his baby fang has not fallen out. Also on the bottom it looks like his baby fangs have fallen out and his adult ones are growing BUT behind there there are another 2 growing???? is this normal should i get some of his teeth removed? :confused:

thanks for any advice I will try get a picture to show

:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

It's not uncommon. Mention it to the vet when you bring your kitten in for neutering and he will extract the retained baby teeth for you under the same anaesthetic. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Kenevil

Thanks for your reply Boomerang :)

The teeth don't actually look like his baby teeth but he is going to the vet in the morning to be neutered (:( poor baby) so I will mention it then

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭zeds alive

Kenevil wrote: »
    is this normal should i get some of his teeth removed? :confused:

:)

All my cats have had double fangs , some hang around longer than others which have fallen out , but I never thought to have them removed they seems to fall out on their own after a while , either during play or when I switch them to harder foods.

Advertisement