Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Billing issue.

Options
  • 29-09-2010 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

So the issue is as follows, my mother on the 17th of September went to a company and paid a bill via laser card, the company then sends out receipts and such to her.

For the next week or so she is checking her account and notices no payment has been taken, so I call them on Monday the 27th to ask them whats going on and to inform them their might be an error, the man on the line was clueless at first but took my number and my mothers and promised to get back to me after looking into it.

We didn't hear back from them that day but the following day they attempted to call me, but I was in class and my phone was off, no attempt was made to contact my mother, today my mother checks her account and they've finally taken the payment without notice and have put her into overdraft.

This to me seems to be rather odd since it means that in effect they had to process a second transaction or reprocess the first but without notifying me or my mother, the account holder, that they were doing so.

Any advice on where my mother stands on this matter and what I can do for her?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,198 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Whats the issue they didn't take the money quick enough? Its not really an issue. What are you looking for off them?

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭seithon

Well the issue is that they should perhaps have processed the payment correctly on the 17th rather then waiting to be notified and then doing it properly without telling anyone they were doing it?

I wasn't actually "looking" for anything other then just advice about if this is really proper behavior from a company.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Meeoow

you're giving out the money wasn't taken, now you're giving out that the money was taken?????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

It seems they took a very long time to process the payment......... i make that 12/13 days...
    No advice for you but it just seems like an admin error.

Regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Laser transactions can experience delays, or sometimes the retailer can take some time to process the transaction.

If there was an amount pending, which she knew about, then she should have left the money there to cover it. There's nothing else to be said or done.

• Advertisement
Advertisement