Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Mod for Motorbikes

• 29-09-2010 9:53pm
    Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,270 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Welcome to P.C., the new mod for motorbikes.
    Be nice to him! :D

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

Do we have to be? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

Good luck with the new powers! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Tree wrote: »
    Do we have to be? :(

Yes. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭MargeS

So, what kinda bike have ya PC?

MargeS wrote: »
    So, what kinda bike have ya PC?

A red one - 'caus red ones go faster. :D

I currently have a Honda CBF 600. There are some pics of it somewhere on the forum, but here is one from a trip last year:

Oct%202009%20030.JPG?psid=1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Congratulations!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

P.C. wrote: »
    A red one - 'caus red ones go faster. :D

I currently have a Honda CBF 600. There are some pics of it somewhere on the forum, but here is one from a trip last year:

Oct%202009%20030.JPG?psid=1

LOL, a CBF600, they gave me a ZZR14 as a company bike. Think you got stiffed on that one.

Ask what else they have in the bike pool.

KTRIC wrote: »
    LOL, a CBF600, they gave me a ZZR14 as a company bike. Think you got stiffed on that one.

careful now, if you're not careful you'll be asked to return your bike to the pool
    :D

nereid wrote: »
    careful now, if you're not careful you'll be asked to return your bike to the pool
    :D

Oh no, got it as part of my "resignation" deal. :D That , my sizable payoff and my pension. Not bad I think ;)

Nice golden parachute!

• Advertisement

nereid wrote: »
    Nice golden parachute!

Yep, boards.ie were given a Nama bailout just to oust me :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Yep, boards.ie were given a Nama bailout just to oust me :D

Anybody have a cement truck handy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Well done P.C - someone who'll keep law and order.

Welcome!

'cptr

No, I did not get stiffed.

You got a ZZR1400 because that is a bike that looks like it is going fast, even when it is stopped. :D

I got a CBF600 to slow me down. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭MikeC101

Best of luck P.C.!

I can't think of a PC related pun...something about the "PC Police" or something...yeah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

177 posts on this forum and rides a restricted bike
    started riding 18 months ago

perfecft mod

in my opinion kazi should be at the very least vice mod

why oh why did you pick yer man

with all due respect i doubt a car driver with 177 posts and no full lisence would make the grade

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

i hope hes as good as this guy 122507-kevin-wilson.jpg:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Tigger wrote: »

In before the ban! :)

It's not like you have to be Valentino Rossi to mod a forum. The main requirement is to know the rules and deal with infractions sensibly.

In before the ban! :)

It's not like you have to be Valentino Rossi to mod a forum. The main requirement is to know the rules and deal with infractions sensibly.

Nonsense
    Also didn't you quit bikes because it's too cold or something?

Kbqnnon I se you thanked his post so why not qnswer mine

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,270 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I thanked his post because I felt he posted what i would have.
    If you don't like the choice of mod then deal with it but don't get upset over a decision on who I and other mods and admins felt would be suitable.
    If you need to PM me to discuss further then fine.
    I can mod this forum also but I don't own a bike (powered or otherwise)!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Welcome aboard P.C!

kbannon wrote: »
    I thanked his post because I felt he posted what i would have.
    If you don't like the choice of mod then deal with it but don't get upset over a decision on who I and other mods and admins felt would be suitable.
    If you need to PM me to discuss further then fine.
    I can mod this forum also but I don't own a bike (powered or otherwise)!

you can mod this forum cos yer a c-mod same ae g-em can , but its always been clear that the mod should be a poster in theforum and experienced in the subect
    i re -iterate

with all due respect i doubt a car driver with 177 posts and no full lisence would make the grade

so would a car driver 177 posts and no full lisence would make the grade

The following peopla can and do moderate thsi forum:
    Forum Mods: -Chris-, Alanstrainor, Anan1, eoin, kbannon, Onkle, P.C., Zascar
    Category Mods: AlmightyCushion, g'em, kbannon, trout

The choice of mod is based on who we felt would be able to do the job of keeping an eye on posts, responding to reported posts and if necessary making appropriate suspensions / bans.

The number of posts someone makes in one particular forum has no direct relationship over the amount of times they visit the forum or the quality of their posts.
    I've lots of posts but many are pure crap!

Now lets move on please as I'm not going to discuss this any further here.

so there is no fully qualified biker modding here but thats ok

pathetic

so there is no fully qualified biker modding here but thats ok
    How would a qualified biker moderate the forum any different from a non-qualified biker?
    pathetic
    :rolleyes:

If you disagree with the choice then fine but as I have said, either leave it or contact me.
    Currently you are misinterpreting the procedures and making ti sound like you woke up on the wrong side of your bed!

kbannon wrote: »
    How would a qualified biker moderate the forum any different from a non-qualified biker?
    :rolleyes:

oh its rolleyes is it

i'll ansswer since you asked

a qualified biker has experiance has been through the system and knows and has opinion on biking in ireland

and i dont missunderstand you missunderstand

do youy see a time where the motors forum would have a mod with 177 posts and no full lisence ?

but i see i'm banging my head against a brick walll here
    i have no iussue with pc the person being a mod he seems perfectly amiable

im insulted that there is no experianced biker involved ( no not me not for all the coke and hooklers in china lol)

oh its rolleyes is it
    Yes
    It was a suitable reply to your contribution
    i'll ansswer since you asked

a qualified biker has experiance has been through the system and knows and has opinion on biking in ireland
    That doesn't explain how someone who is a qualified biker would follow the charter better. Maybe I'm just a bit tired this morning. Please elaborate how this works?
    and i dont missunderstand you missunderstand
    really?
    do youy see a time where the motors forum would have a mod with 177 posts and no full lisence ?
    I've addressed this but youn feel the need to keep it going. Your post count is increasing with the same arguments. Does having a higher post count make you a better person?
    but i see i'm banging my head against a brick walll here
    i have no iussue with pc the person being a mod he seems perfectly amiable

im insulted that there is no experianced biker involved ( no not me not for all the coke and hooklers in china lol)
    Again, being a mod here has sweet FA to do with being a good biker and is more about stopping spammers, responding to reported posts, etc. and nothing to do with who has better heated grips or who got their full 'A' licence the first time.
    I've asked nicely for you to stop discussing the choice made by the mods and admins here and to contact me privately.
    If you continue ignoring what I ask then I'll just delete your posts!

perfecft mod

in my opinion kazi should be at the very least vice mod

Sorry that it has taken me so long to get back to you.

Yes, I may have only 177 posts in this forum (I have not checked, but will take your word for it), but there are many arguments/discussions that I choose not to get involed in.

Yes, my bike is restricted - do you have a problem with that? I don't.
    Yes, I started riding bikes about 18 months ago - again, I have no problem with that.

Yes, I own a car - again, I have no problem with that (and I have been driving cars legally for more that 20 years).

Oh, - and I have a full bike licence.

Does any of this have any thing to do with wether I will be a good Mod of this forum or not?
    Probably not.
    It will only be a determining factor of wether I will be a good contributing poster.

Only time will tell if I will be a good Mod.

If you have a problem with me being a Mod, please PM Kbannon or Zascar, and discuss it with them.

If you have a problem with me, please PM me, and we can discuss it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Nonsense
    Also didn't you quit bikes because it's too cold or something?

Sadly, no. I'm about to get soaked on the way home too by the looks of things :(

Also, if it's any help, I think the experience and knowledge that P.C. may lack, is expected to, and will probably come from the community of users.

• Advertisement

P.C. wrote: »
    Sorry that it has taken me so long to get back to you.

Yes, I may have only 177 posts in this forum (I have not checked, but will take your word for it), but there are many arguments/discussions that I choose not to get involed in.

Yes, my bike is restricted - do you have a problem with that? I don't.
    Yes, I started riding bikes about 18 months ago - again, I have no problem with that.

Yes, I own a car - again, I have no problem with that (and I have been driving cars legally for more that 20 years).

Oh, - and I have a full bike licence.

Does any of this have any thing to do with wether I will be a good Mod of this forum or not?
    Probably not.
    It will only be a determining factor of wether I will be a good contributing poster.

Only time will tell if I will be a good Mod.

If you have a problem with me being a Mod, please PM Kbannon or Zascar, and discuss it with them.

If you have a problem with me, please PM me, and we can discuss it.

i have no problem with you being a mod i have problems with us have no full lisence holder or experienced biker being a mod as well as you

if your lisence is restricted its not full you know that you probably look forward to when its no longer restricted

but again i 'll say it ; its the way you were picked and the fact you were picked i have issue with not you yourself that pist me off

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement