Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Mod for Motorbikes

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

i see KTRIC thanked one of my posts
    best mod eva
    lol

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Tigger wrote: »
    i see KTRIC thanked one of my posts
    best ex mod eva
    lol

FYP :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

i have no problem with you being a mod i have problems with us have no full lisence holder or experienced biker being a mod as well as you

if your lisence is restricted its not full you know that you probably look forward to when its no longer restricted

but again i 'll say it ; its the way you were picked and the fact you were picked i have issue with not you yourself that pist me off

Rumour has it the Soccer Mods don't play for Man United either, maybe you should go over there and demand that Wayne Rooney be added as a mod.

Having a license or unrestricted bike has no bearing on who is made moderator, the Motoring Mods were asked to choose a new mod because one was leaving, the questions asked when choosing a mod are

1) Are they a muppet
    2) Do you think they will go power crazy
    3) Can they be trusted with sensitive information
    4) Will they be able to handle problem users

A moderator is not expected to be an encyclopaedia of knowledge on the subject of the forum they mod.

I don't know everything about cars or Table Tennis but I obviously ticked the above boxes. I'm sure P.C. will be a good mod and will be an asset to the forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

i have no problem with you being a mod i have problems with us have no full lisence holder or experienced biker being a mod as well as you

if your lisence is restricted its not full you know that you probably look forward to when its no longer restricted

but again i 'll say it ; its the way you were picked and the fact you were picked i have issue with not you yourself that pist me off

OK
    I am going to address you concerns:

We have Zascar as a Mod.

You let ne worry about my licence, and I will let you worry about yours.

If you have a problem with the way I was 'picked', you can:
    1.) take it to Feedback
    2.) PM a C-Mod, or Admin Mod - this has been mentioned already.
    3.) say and do nothing, and deal with it.
    4.) put yourself forward as a Mod in Feedback.

If you choose none of the above, then I will ignore your concerns, and get on with being the Mod of this forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Good luck PC, handy enough forum to mod i'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

hey op.... how did u get to check out about the amount of posts of the new mod for this part of the forum anyways ,,:)

lol
    i'm not allowed discuss it its secret

sounds ronnery :) du te ron ron ron :) haha fair enough only asked

P.C. wrote: »
    OK
    I am going to address you concerns:

We have Zascar as a Mod.

zascar has a restricted lisence also ! i'm not pulkling this out of the air you know

You let ne worry about my licence, and I will let you worry about yours.

If you have a problem with the way I was 'picked', you can:
    1.) take it to Feedback
    2.) PM a C-Mod, or Admin Mod - this has been mentioned already.
    3.) say and do nothing, and deal with it.
    4.) put yourself forward as a Mod in Feedback.

If you choose none of the above, then I will ignore your concerns, and get on with being the Mod of this forum.

I never addressed you i addressed the op i refered to you as he , see?

sound

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,304 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

lol
    i'm not allowed discuss it its secret
    If you were a mod, would you ban P.C. for arguing with you?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

My licence is restricted but I have not had a restricted bike in a long time. I ride a Monster 620 - every day. I don't have a lot of posts on this forum either. I came from biker.ie where I had over 1000 posts. I started the 'Rookie Run' which was a meetup on Sundays which lasted over a year and often had over 30 bikes out. I eventually got a bit bored and tired of the politics, stopped posting, and started hanging out around here. After a short time due to the contribution I had made I was asked to be a mod - but this is more about dealing with reported posts etc. Later I requested a second mod as the forum needed it KTRIC was selected - a good choice thought by most but as normal I did have a few people getting their knickers in a twist. It always happens ;)

If anyone show's real leadership and mod capacity I might contemplate letting them take my place in time. I don't have the time to do it myself but what I would like to see is someone who wants to take the reigns and mould this forum into a real community of bikers - but a friendly one, not the standard battle between newbie's and 'hardcore bikers' :rolleyes:. The one thing people have to remember is that this is boards.ie - and this forum is one of hundreds, its not a dedicated biker forum. If you are just looking for an old boys club of people who only ride gixxers and fireblades, then you are in the wrong place.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,270 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

zascar has a restricted lisence also ! i'm not pulkling this out of the air you know

I never addressed you i addressed the op i refered to you as he , see?
    1. what concern is it to you what kind of licence anyone has? Why do you feel it is relevant? I also note that you ignored my previous points on this matter.
    2. You spouted a load of (IMO) crap about the capabilities of my choice of mod and frankly I'm getting tired of it. However, the person who you are whinging about is entitled to view his thoughts on your moans.
    3. I recommended the choice of mod to the admins. The admins backed me up on the choice. I will stand firmly by it while some whinging child throws their toys out of the pram (i.e. you).
    4. I do not have to defend my choice. The mods, other CMods and admins are satisfied that my choice will be suitable but someone can't accept it. Well, IMO, that says more about you than it says about me
    5. I'm locking this now. As is the tradition, theis type of thread is usually a lighthearted way of introducing someone to a new role on a discussion forum. However, thank you very much for being like a cranky little child and ruining it.

Personally, I don't care what is bugging you but you have persistently failed to answer my points and I've been quite tolerant all the way through. Unfortunately I'm now locking this thread because I'm fed up answering this crap.
    I don't care if you agree or disagree with my choice of moderator. I don't know if you are jealous that you weren't asked or what but please have some tact in future. If you do feel the need to go whinge about a moderator, the please do so via PM to myself or one of the other Rec Cmods and we will answer your questions.
    Moderators do their role on a voluntary basis. We all take a bit of crap from some posters but thankfully it usually sorts itself out. However, we are human and do tend to adopt the charter using a bit of common sense. Under the rules I could have benned you for ignoring what I asked. However, myself and the other mods who have read this thread decided to think better for it. I think that says more abotu the quality of moderator on here than which letters are ticked on ones licence!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement