Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yes in going to mention this in September.....anyone thinking about Santa yet?

Options
  • 29-09-2010 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

I'll probably be hung, drawn and quartered for mention the "S" word in September :p ....but has anyones else's kids mentioned what the want for Christmas yet?

My 6 yr old daughter told me she want a Flicker but nothing else and I dont know whether to press her for a more definate answer or leave it for another few weeks.

Would be great though to have some idea of what she would like, so that I can either start saving my millons or join a Christmas club. Knowing my luck she'd tell me what she wants and then change her mind Mid-November.

Oh I really wish Santa was real :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

Oh I really wish Santa was real :)

:confused:

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Shellygoose

I just got an email with the following link.....looks like im not the only thinking about Christmas

http://www.emailsanta.com/clock.html

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

The Christmas forum is great for us premature Santy botherers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

Well it is almost october so I guess that leaves only 11wks. That time will fly by especially for parents on a tight income. Time for an xmas bargain thread soon me thinks for early shoppers?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Well it is almost october so I guess that leaves only 11wks. That time will fly by especially for parents on a tight income. Time for an xmas bargain thread soon me thinks for early shoppers?

Ooooh, I like the sound of this:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

Ooooh, I like the sound of this:)
    There was one last year and it was successful enough. Maybe a bit early as yet? If not then could be worth starting now depending on interest?

ohhh im new to boards so I never experienced last years bargain thread.....i am excited :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

My little girl is only 20 months, will be 2 on new years days and I am due #2 in January.
    She loves Duplo,cars,animals,trucks and tractors so she is getting a duplo farm(bought on sale from amazon with my piggy points)and some extra little bits for it,a Babóg bear (http://www.babogbaby.com/) because it speaks irish like her and had to pre order it, and after that I haven't bought anyhting else yet.
    So yes thinking about it too,mostly if I see something on my list on sale and because there is no way I am facing packed shops in Dec!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Getting a Babóg bear, building blocks and books as joint presents for the girls.

Then I want to get something for Saoirse, but nothing too big as everything I got Addison last year (learning table, walk along walker, sit to stand dancing bear) will do her this year...

Going to get something musical for Addison as she loves music, god christmas is hard...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Yay! first Xmas with my lil girl!

She'll be 5 months so would a surround sound system and a playstation suit? :D

Seriously though, all new to this so what do you get a 5month old at Xmas? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Stuff that she can grow in to as other people will probably give you loads of stuff.
    The vtech activity centre walkers are brilliant or we got a gorgeous fisher price buggy that she pushed around for months before she was walking on her own or the leap frog activity tables.
    Building blocks are great too.
    My baba got a present of a dora laptop and thinks she is great "working" beside mammy and daddy;)she also got a stereo for her bedroom because she loves music.

Brilliant :) will go and source some of this stuff. If I come across a bargain, I'll let ye know

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Santa, cant wait.

getting the imaginext stuff for my boys (5 and 3) they love them. ben 10 goes down a hit as well.

the lady (11) wants a bridge camera.

but the main trouble is mys boys 4th birthday onthe 29th of december maybe a dsi, not too sure.

RedXIV wrote: »
    Brilliant :) will go and source some of this stuff. If I come across a bargain, I'll let ye know

The vtech activity walkers are on sale in Tesco Maynooth,think they were 25 euro.

There is a new dsi 3d coming out soon think it is 219 euro though.
    Remember reading an article about it yesterday but forget the details!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

RedXIV wrote: »
    Seriously though, all new to this so what do you get a 5month old at Xmas? :confused:

It's pointless getting any child under 2 a Christmas present, IMO. Well, if it makes you happy I guess, but she won't have a clue what's going on.

Moonbeam wrote: »
    There is a new dsi 3d coming out soon think it is 219 euro though.
    Remember reading an article about it yesterday but forget the details!

Thats dad's present we hope! :o

But unfortunately this won't be out this year. It'll be early next year before it even hits Japan so maybe summer of next year.

But with that in mind, as happens with every new DS that comes out, the older versions drop in price (old nintendo employee here :D)

And if you're willing to wait until AFTER xmas to pick up a DS, they are always cheaper. And def shop around for games consoles! The deals always vary and you can save yourself quite a bit by going to the right shop!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

Iam going to buy a big sand pit and stick my head in it.

We were given one i have not taken the lid of it yet,she calls it tortoise and uses it as a climbing frame and slide:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

I usually start thinking about Christmas on 18th december :o That gives me loads of time for talking them into wanting what they're getting ;)

• Advertisement

littlebug wrote: »
    I usually start thinking about Christmas on 18th december :o That gives me loads of time for talking them into wanting what they're getting ;)

I love buying my kids presents and i normally get 90%them in the last week of october of first week of november, i do a few last min shops aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Hey all, I'm also trying to get organised at the moment, and as I am off sick I had nothing to do but try and research what on earth to get my child (she's 9), anyhow she had shown an interest in a fliker and imagine my delight when I went on the 'Smyths' website to discover they will deliver anything over €59 free of charge, to anywhere in Ireland!

I decided to order it immediately (afraid I woudnt get the colour she wanted and I also don't live near a store), all good so far!

It arrived 3 days later, but I was extremely disappointed that it was not discreetly packaged at all, just came in same box you'd pick up in shop. Thankfully my lil one was at a friends otherwise she would have seen it.

So a word of warning, if you have children at home and would like to avail of this service get it delivered to another address, to avoid any surprises being ruined!

I am at present trying to get through to Smyths head office to express my disappointment that there is no warning on their site that the items are not discreetly packaged!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Yes we've had the argos and the smyths catalogue out and there's about 900 things in it that they want from santy... great thing... if they dont' get what they want it's not my fault!! :pac: I can't wait.. i'm worse than the kids and it's Ben's first christmas!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭mohawk

It's pointless getting any child under 2 a Christmas present, IMO. Well, if it makes you happy I guess, but she won't have a clue what's going on.

Thats so mean. The first christmas is very exciting for a first time parent.

RedXIV my son was the same age last christmas. We got him the vtech walker , lots of books which he still loves, some lamaze toys which are still in the buggy and car seat.
    A jumperoo or entertainer (they have lots of names) are also great for that age. IMO they are way better then walkers because they can't move around the floor and get themselves into trouble ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

Guys, all the toys in heatons are half price at the mo, jusy got my niece a baby alive doll for €35, was going to go into ken blacks and pay €70 before a friend tipped me off. they have loads of v-tech and fisher price toys for younger kids too.

We did christmas for my son, who was a month and a half at the time (last year), I even wrapped the stuff:o. It was all great fun and made our first 'family' christmas together special, nothing fancy, just stuff he needed and a few lamaze toys. Plus have lots of nieces and nephews and they would have wondered if my son was bold had santa not left him something, it was the first thing they asked me on christmas day, andthey wanted to see what a baby got, so dont forget about that side of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Guys, can I ask if any of you have 9/10 year olds what have they asked for? My daughter is being very secretive this year as to what she wants, (I think she is suspicious about Santa!), so is therefore trying to be smart!

So I guess I'm just trying to get some idea's. As mentioned above I have already got the 'Fliker', but want to get more!

Thanks in advance

Tesco half price toy sale is on too.
    Some of the stuff in Heatons aren't that cheap compared to other shops.

I officially have my Santa Shop,present from mammy and daddy and birthday present for her bought:) She got 3 good toys rather then small stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭titchy

She'll be 5 months so would a surround sound system and a playstation suit? :D

That sounds familiar I remember my 3yr old unrapping a playstation and the latest grand theft auto:rolleyes:

All he'd asked for was a bob the builder bike which he got, to this day hubby swears he has no clue why Santa left that for a 3 yr old:D

Its up there with him comming to me another Christmas morning complaining 'Daddy wont let me have a go of my new scaletrix':rolleyes:

cbyrd wrote: »
    Yes we've had the argos and the smyths catalogue out and there's about 900 things in it that they want from santy... great thing... if they dont' get what they want it's not my fault!! :pac:

My daughter is like that too with the smyths catalogue.."oh i want this, i want that etc " but everytime she opens it up its something different.

So last year i gave her the catalogue, a sissors, pritt stick and blank piece of paper. She cut out the presents that she would like to get but once they were stuck down on the paper then that was it, no changing her mind anymore!! it worked great for me, and because it was more visual for her she remembered clearly what she had asked for instead of reciting a list the lenght of a loo roll!

@ m'lady, my daughter wants a Flicker too....but thats all ive gotten out of her so far. Time to get my sissors, paper and pritt stick out :)

• Advertisement

m'lady wrote: »
    Guys, can I ask if any of you have 9/10 year olds what have they asked for? My daughter is being very secretive this year as to what she wants, (I think she is suspicious about Santa!), so is therefore trying to be smart!

So I guess I'm just trying to get some idea's. As mentioned above I have already got the 'Fliker', but want to get more!

Thanks in advance

hi, my lady just turned 11 told her last year no santa, she knew anyways so i told her the truth, but she is going along with the santa idea for her two brothers 5 and 3.

Last year she got a dell netbook, the year before a flat screen tv and the year before that an ipod touch. This year were thinking of a bridge/hybrid camera, i dont think she would get the dslr yet it either that or a camcorder. ( the year she got the netbook she changed her mind and wanted an american girl doll but i said no because she hasnt played with dolls since she was 5) *also in hindsight i wish i got her a laptop instead of the netbook.

Advertisement