Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iqon ms-1013

• 30-09-2010 12:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I just reinstalled XP on the above laptop and cannot find any drivers for it. It would seem that Iqon are out of business and drivers seem v hard to get. If anyone could help me out on this I would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭knird evol

xp should of picked up nearly everything, what are you missing

there was a guy on this forum about a year ago had all iqon drivers archived and could provide speciific ones on request. if you search threads with iqon you should find it and might be able to pm or contact him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭unnameduser

Hi knird evol,

Thanks for the reply.

I have fixed hundreds of machines and I can't ever remember XP picking up nearly everyhing. I am not at the machine right now but from memory it is missing sound drivers, Lan and Wlan, Chipset and display adaptors, I presume it is also missing modem drivers (not essential but it'd be nice).

We managed to remove over 1000 viruses/malware but the computer continued to freeze and blue screen at times so we reinstalled.

iqon website seems down and a search on google doesnt render any help. next step is to disassemble and start investaging MOBO and peripheral codes but that is a long and pain-staking process.

I'm praying that someone here has original drivers or knowledge where these can be obtained.

Once again any help is appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

You could try this, popped up in google from toms hardware

http://www.gtopala.com/siw-download.html

Or this?

http://recovery-cd.com/system/MSI/MSIMS1013/MSI-MS1013-XP-Recovery-CD-419469.html

I dont no how legit those links are so dont blame me if something bad happens :p

Hi there,

i've come across the second link before and have been on the same site before (whilst searching other drivers also). I Have never used that site before so I'm not sure if its useful or legit. However it does turn up for so many driver searches, I should go look for some reviews.

I might give it a go if I have no luck getting them elsewhere.

I appreciate the assistance mate.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭knird evol

I have fixed hundreds of machines ....... next step is to disassemble and start investaging MOBO and peripheral codes but that is a long and pain-staking process.

Yeah that seems a pain-staking way of identifying peripherals alright.

I just checked back 'weird' is the user weird but his account hasn't been used in a

apparently healo , www.healo.ie would have drivers but may charge you for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Snowbat

Is it an OEM version of the MSI MS-1013 (aka MSI MegaBook S270)?
    http://www.msi.com/index.php?func=nbdriver&maincat_no=135&prod_no=648

(edit: Probably is - item here says "Iqon branded MSI MS-1013 Laptop")

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

Hi there,

I just reinstalled XP on the above laptop and cannot find any drivers for it. It would seem that Iqon are out of business and drivers seem v hard to get. If anyone could help me out on this I would be much appreciated.

Hi,

Can't link to it but there is a torrent out there with 100,000 drivers. It's an iso. It saved me a lot of hassle in the past. Might be worth a shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

alternatively if you google tiny xp rev 10 torrent it has a huge driver pack on it, it's never missed anything for me, and i assume the use of the driver pack is legal since drivers are freely distributed.

RoadKillTs wrote: »
    Hi,

Can't link to it but there is a torrent out there with 100,000 drivers. It's an iso. It saved me a lot of hassle in the past. Might be worth a shot.
    Adam wrote: »
    alternatively if you google tiny xp rev 10 torrent it has a huge driver pack on it, it's never missed anything for me, and i assume the use of the driver pack is legal since drivers are freely distributed.

Great stuff. I'll give these a go. Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Great stuff. I'll give these a go. Cheers.
    just an fyi, the driver pack i mentioned automatically searches and installs as it extracts, so you just need to run the bat and go for a coffee ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Ah.........iQons, how I hate clean installing them!

I agree with the 100,000+ driver package, incredibly handy. It's a life-saver when it comes to those damn machines.

If for some reason you can't get it you can try downloading Everest, that'll tell you what hardware is installed so you can then search for them much easier............still a pain in the arse, though :pac:

Advertisement