Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Times - Breaking News?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

They've hired the Government I see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

That's nuts. Those Indians have gone bananas altogether.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

I wonder if they could hunt mink?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,711 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Anyone else thinking of that 80s weird japanese TV show....?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

fend wrote: »
    Yes, seriously.

10 at the moment but they are increasing that number as the days count down to the games.
    Was reported on the news earlier.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭sligopark

if ff can get a few buffs from the country to run the economy what wrong with indians training monkeys to guard athletes?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Grimreaper666

The Indians have employed 38 Langurs and we have a the whole Dail full of them!!:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭knird evol

if the monkeys are stuck for a gig when the games are finished we have a spot for a hundred and sixty of em in Dail Eireann.
    /biggins

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Anyone else thinking of that 80s weird japanese TV show....?
    If by weird you mean SUPREMELY AWESOME!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

fend wrote: »
    "We take these langurs on rent. Their trainers accompany them and once the assignment is over, they return home," he added.

They'll never get them to go back to Cork after the games are over.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭southsiderosie

The BBC ran a similar story earlier. My favorite quote:
    The boxing and hockey stadiums are seen as particularly vulnerable to the monkey menace, the AFP news agency quoted a civic official as saying.

That said, I didn't realize they were such a problem:
    For years the animals have caused havoc, riding on the city's metro trains and even roaming through parliament.

They have invaded the prime minister's office and the defence ministry.

They cannot be killed because many Indians see them as sacred.

Maybe the games shouldn't be in a city overrun by feral monkeys and prone to fever outbreaks? Especially in the middle of monsoon season?

(not to mention the potential for widespread rioting tomorrow).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,711 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

If by weird you mean SUPREMELY AWESOME!!!

Wouldn't go that far, but in that kinda direction, yes:D

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Advertisement