Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why is Banking so hard!!

Options
  • 30-09-2010 1:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭

I am in a tricky situation and am looking for some help...

Basically I am Irish and living in Ireland but I am working for a UK company and being paid in sterling. At the moment I have both a Uk bank account (RBS) and an Irish bank account (Permanent TSB).

I get paid into my RBS account but it is costing me a fortune using my ATM/Debit card in Ireland.

I am looking for a bank that will provide both a euro and a sterling account that I will be able to send money between accounts ONLINE. It is essential I can transfer money into Euro online preferably free of charge or very low cost I dont wanna have to pay €30 each time I make an international transfer

Does this make sense?? I was looking at opening an account in Santander in the Uk as they have no transaction fees when abroad but only problem is I must be resident in the UK.

Any suggestions welcome Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

€30 is insane for international transfers - I have made swift payments to UK bank accounts with a fee of no more than €5 so it shouldnt be any different in the reverse direction.

I presume you are paying Irish Tax on these payments with relief under the double taxation agreements?

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭derra_121

Ah ha ha funny you mention tax thats an even more complicated case.. Im letting an accountant sort all that out for me Iv spent the last 4 months trying to figure it out and im fed up at this stage even thinking about it!!

Advertisement