Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rare bands

Options
  • 30-09-2010 2:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭

Okay so I was sifting through the cd's earlier and I noticed that most of my favourite albums are from obscure and unknown bands.Maybe a cd or 2 of each, I would'nt have full back catalogues or anything.I even have stuff from local bands from over the years that's absolutely class.
    I was wondering if any of ye had any albums that there's a good chance there's only a handful of people with it.Most of the ones that I have,I'm the only one of my mates with it. Here's a few of mine.

Send No Flowers-Juice
    Moist-Silver
    Malfunkshun-Return to Olympus (Andy Wood's band before Mother Love Bone)
    Circus of Power-Magic & Madness
    Fireball Ministry-Their Rock is Not Our Rock
    Doppelganger-Meet Your Evil Twin (one of my favourites)
    Venus 6-self titled (the other one)
    Paw-Death to Traitors
    Drain STH- Horror Wrestling and Freaks of Nature
    Piston- Number One and Sell Out.
    The Smithereens-A Date With the Smithereens
    Floodgate-Penalty
    Widgeon Holland-Sex & Vampires

It'd be interesting to see what ye all put up, I would'nt mind getting a few ideas for some new music to listen to. And I'd recommend every one of them bands/albums I mentioned.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Just a point of clarification, but Fireball Ministry...to me, are not rare. They toured Ireland in 2003, I saw them in the Ambassador supporting CKY, and they had just released an album called 'The Second Great Awakening'

Their bassist was recently standing in as a guest musician in Soulfly when they played in Dublin about a month and a bit ago...Soulfly used him as a replacement

They have a great song called 'King' and I just remember listening to these guys live and thinking 'this is fantastic' and also that it sounded like Ozzy Osbourne

But I went to a gig once, and I'm not telling you which one, to purposely see the support band. In Canada they fill arenas like Bon Jovi, but here few people have heard of them, and most of their albums have never been released.

They're from Edmonton Canada and they've never played here since....they're called Our Lady Peace, but again, they're probably not that rare....

Advertisement