Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Under Floor heating problem

Options
  • 30-09-2010 5:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭

Went to turn on the under floor heating today and the controler on the wall clicks to come on but clicks off immediatly, any ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,591 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Perhaps the temperature set point has been reached. So if the set point is 10 DegC and the room is already at 15 DegC then it will turn off straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭mcko

Thanks for the reply, I don't think that is the problem as the room is cold and I gave it a set point of 24 degrees

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭ntpm

what make and model of controller.
    Are you talking about the individual room stat or the main controller?

I think its a drevi or breivi i am at work at the moment, it is the controllor for the room .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Also, what type of underfloor heating is it? Electrical elements or hot water in pipes?

• Advertisement

electricial mats

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

would it be a devireg controller so? using a devimat?

thats the one I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭ntpm

mcko wrote: »
    thats the one I think

Could be FAULTY temp probe in the floor.
    The probe might think the floor temperture is hot enough.

If switch on the devireg or increase the set point to the highest value the devrig should supply power (voltage) to the heater mat. You can also measure the current being drawn to check the heater elements are ok.

You might need to call an electrician?

I think I better call in an expert, thanks to all for your advice.

• Advertisement
Advertisement