Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ADHD

Options
  • 30-09-2010 7:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/ADHD-Is-Passed-Through-The-Genes-Study-Suggests-Parenting-Skills-And-Diet-Not-To-Blame/Article/201009415748404?f=vg

Found this quite helpful as my little boy (age 3 and 8 months) is being assessed for ASD but ADHD has been question marked for the last year and i was told he wont be diagnosed until he is a school setting. well his in preschool and last week they told me his attention is their main focus area. still may take another year or more to diagnose him.

related to the study my brother was hyper and my mom was told by doctors that he was hyper but there was no adhd 30 years ago. and both my boy and my brother tick most of the boxes for it. The older my boy gets the less likely ASD is a factor even though he ticks a few boxes there too.

Comments

Advertisement