Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Juice Defender

• 30-09-2010 9:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭

Is this any good if I just turn off 3g when I am not surfing the web? Surely the battery life would just be the same or am I missing something?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Is this any good if I just turn off 3g when I am not surfing the web? Surely the battery life would just be the same or am I missing something?

I turn off 2/3g (data connection) using switchpro all the time as it hops between bands less which is supposedly where the battery savings are. I think wifi/BT/GPS are bigger background battery eaters.

Personally I use setCPU to set the cpu (oddly enough) to max 245mhz when the screen is "off". That is the biggest battery saving for me.

Battery Power level 58%
    While last unplugged: 17h 25m 11s
    cell standby 27%
    wifi 27%
    phone idle 26%
    system 14%
    display 4%
    Bluetooth 2%

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

I use it but also turn off wifi when I am not using it. I get nearly 2 full days from my Desire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

The point is the turning on of wifi/3g not the turning off. It allows you to leave everything off and have it sync your email/apps every so often

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

I find I can't get a decent 3G connection anyway so it might aswell stay off!
    On Meteor, it's horrible connectivity.

Advertisement