Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst Lunch in town!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

Had lunch in Scoozis today. It was lovely but more expensive than loads of other places. I paid over €16 for lasagne and a drink, can't understand why it's so busy with prices like that. Even had to wait for a table when other better value places are 3/4 empty. I recommend Rossinis--Italian place opposite Clancys.

Milly33 wrote: »
    Dont think much of any of of the staff in the whole store..

Some (many) of the ladies working there are gorgeous, most of the lads working in there are gay I reckon, nothing wrong with that but it's weird the way most of them seem to be gay. An unusally high percentage, of course the same applies to the ladies, an unusually high % of them are gorgeous. I would view BTs as not as equal opportunities employer. I reckon a straight chap and a non gorgeous lady would have less chance of getting work there.

(for the record I have nothing against gorgeous ladies or gay chaps)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Wilton SC has to be one of the worst shopping centres ever. It screams of 70's development

In all fairness the place has been there for over 30 years.

It was probably thought of as being cool way back in the eighties when there was nothing of equal size anywhere in the city. Its like comparing an oul banger with a new car.
    Your subconsciously comparing it with the likes of Mahon point & the blackpool shopping centre, they're only a few years old & much bigger & nicer looking complexes. Even Douglas court shopping center which has been there about 15/16? years is much better. Because its newer.

Wilton shopping center was 'revamped' a few years ago but its still dark, dingy & dated & a place i rarely go into. I'd only head into tescos occasionally. The place should be demolished & whole new center built. But sure with the recession & all, theres no chance of that.

Im way off topic. :rolleyes:

I definitely wouldn't eat in there. I had a cottage pie in one of those little restaurants (think it was little italy) years ago & it was disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭babo9

Wilton shopping center was 'revamped' a few years ago but its still dark, dingy & dated & a place

Ah j's it's not that bad!! Make it sound like an old cave :rolleyes:
    I kinda like going there, brings back memories of me youth :)
    but I do aggree it hasn't got anything major to offer, you wouldn't really spend more than 30 minutes doing a run around of all the shops!
    The place should be demolished & whole new center built. But sure with the recession & all, theres no chance of that.

I actually heard them talking on 96 fm about this a few months ago, they were saying the landlord is driving up rent hoping to get tenants to leave, it would then be knocked down and made into some little disney village like place with a bunch of hotels, gyms, swimming pools, a cinema ect.
    Sounds kinda interesting but haen't heard anything since!
    I definitely wouldn't eat in there. I had a cottage pie in one of those little restaurants (think it was little italy) years ago & it was disgusting.

Used to love going to Patoni's as a kid, pizzas with a side of coldslaw to spread on top (try it!!), have gone there once of twice recently, looks the exact same and the food is ok, not as nice as when I was a kid :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

babo9 wrote: »
    Ah j's it's not that bad!! Make it sound like an old cave :rolleyes:
    but I do aggree it hasn't got anything major to offer, you wouldn't really spend more than 30 minutes doing a run around of all the shops!

I actually heard them talking on 96 fm about this a few months ago, they were saying the landlord is driving up rent hoping to get tenants to leave, it would then be knocked down and made into some little disney village like place with a bunch of hotels, gyms, swimming pools, a cinema ect.
    Sounds kinda interesting but haen't heard anything since!

Used to love going to Patoni's as a kid, pizzas with a side of coldslaw to spread on top (try it!!), have gone there once of twice recently, looks the exact same and the food is ok, not as nice as when I was a kid :D

Well maybe its not quite as bad as i was saying earlier but the revamp was never going to turn it into a modern shopping center. Im actually kind of defending it.:( The place was the biggest & best in the city up until the late eighties/early nineties.
    Like i said earlier it seems old fashioned now because...well? it is old!? 1979 it was built.
    I spent many a day doing laps of the place with my buddies as a teenager.:D Remember the wooden stalls in the middle of the main corridors that sold cheap toys & various bits & pieces???:pac:

It would be great to see it levelled & a new development started. Douglas has two large shopping centres, mahon/blackrock has M. point, blackpool has a huge complex, ballincollig has there new medium size shopping centre.

Bishopstown needs a new consumer hub in my opinion.

• Advertisement

babo9 wrote: »

Remember the big, yellow plastic bench seats they had years back ? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Curran's is worse. At least the chicken wings are decent in Luigi's, can't say i'd recommend a single main though.

IMO, Currans has the worst staff in the entire city, or should I say the worst managers. In the 7 or 8 years I've gone there on and off they have always had **** service, a mark of a badly managed restaurant.

Last time I got the chicken wings in Luigi's they were just vinegar, oil and chicken, horrible, though I've had them before and they're usually edible.

Advertisement