Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Photo Albums

• 30-09-2010 10:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I have hundreds of photos that I want to put in albums. I usually do it as I'm going along but haven't printed out my digital photos in ages so now I have loads. Photo albums in the like of easons etc. are so expensive. Does anyone know if cheaper ones are available online? I'm looking for albums that hold at least 200-300 6x4 photos and is sturdy enough.
    Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

Why not make yourself a photo book with the digital files? It's the same as an album except you can design them anyway you want and put as many photos on each page as you want.

There are loads of differnet companies. I've used Blurb and they were fine. You also have Photobox, Aldi, and Shakespeare.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭newbridgemom

Blurb is great and they ship to Ireland for around €5 I think! I usually use them to make albums. You can get coupon codes online to make the price lower too. I go for the hardback book with the image wrap cover. It's really good quality. Their software can deposit all your pictures into a book randomly which is the fastest, or you can place them on pages individually will take longer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭miss.piggy

Thanks Ballyman
    I've done the digital photo books before using photobox but in this case I want to do the actual albums!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

For 'real' albums you could always have a look on the likes of Ebay and Adverts if people are selling them, chances are that they will be cheaper than Easons.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Tesco. Flip albums that'll hold 200no. 6"x4"s for about 3quid or cling sheeted pages that'll take about 100 for about 4quid. They've a good simple and cheap range.

Or if you're looking for a bit of fancy then try TKmax. I've got some really lovely quality ones for about a tenner. Dearish but really is lovely quality.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that, I'll check it out. What do you mean by flip albums? I'm ideally looking for the ones you slide the photos into under the clear plastic covering, usually they have place to write at the side of each photo, usually 3 6x4's to a page

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

miss.piggy wrote: »
    Thanks for that, I'll check it out. What do you mean by flip albums? I'm ideally looking for the ones you slide the photos into under the clear plastic covering, usually they have place to write at the side of each photo, usually 3 6x4's to a page

Yep that's the one. Plastic holder big enough for individual pic (white border for writing on the side). Much easier to use the the cling sheet paged ones.

The ones I use are only for 6x4 prints. I didn't see 5x7 ones so bring a photo with you to make sure it's going to do the job for you.

Ok thanks

Advertisement