Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boiler Service

Options
  • 30-09-2010 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

Hi ,

Got quoted last week for a Boiler Service from Bord Gais
    €140 for the first hour to service and repair
    €25 per 15 mins labour thereafter

They could only call out during working hours and it would have been next week at the earliest.

Got an Independent engineer to service it. and yes he is certified etc.
    He was able to call out at my convenience after work - 6pm and service and repair it for 70 euro!

No wonder Bord Gais don't need to take pay cuts if they are charging those prices.

Rip off or what!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭bcirl03

Goes to pay their inflated wages - stopped using bord gais engineers years ago. Good man for shopping around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

Anyone recommended in Cork ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I used KN Home and Energy service to get my boiler services, in Limerick. They're Dublin based, but will arrange a local agent to service your boiler.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Tap That Flange

lads does anyone know anywhere i could do a gas boiler servicing course, i no cheveron do it but its **** expensive... cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Eph1958

Don17 wrote: »
    Hi ,

Got quoted last week for a Boiler Service from Bord Gais
    €140 for the first hour to service and repair
    €25 per 15 mins labour thereafter

They could only call out during working hours and it would have been next week at the earliest.

Got an Independent engineer to service it. and yes he is certified etc.
    He was able to call out at my convenience after work - 6pm and service and repair it for 70 euro!

No wonder Bord Gais don't need to take pay cuts if they are charging those prices.

Rip off or what!!!!

Hi, good to see a recommendation like this. Can you pm me the engineers name please as I'd like to get a gas boiler service done too. MAny thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

kcb wrote: »
    Anyone recommended in Cork ?
    Update Boiler Services (check yellow pages)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 193 ✭✭jett

If its gas fired and set up right from the start its self cleaning.
    Untill someone pokes about with it and mucks it up!

Advertisement