Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ok to post info about a new support group?

Options
  • 30-09-2010 10:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

Hi

I would like to post information about a new support group (relating to addiction) in dublin and an unsure of the rules regarding this?

Am I allowed to post in several categories which it may be related to?
    AM I allowed to post about it at all??

THanks
    Starry

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Check the charter of any forum you intend to post information in.

If you are in any doubt (ie: if the charter does not explicitly state that you can or cannot post) contact one of the forum mods BEFORE you post and let them knwo what it is you want to post up.

Assuming they agree that its ok, include a note in the post that it was passed by whichever mod in your post so it doesnt get mistaken for spam by a co-mod

If a mod says no feel free to query their decision by PM but please be sure to do so politely and dont take refusal personally as the mods primary consideration is the community as a whole and not individual posters.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭StarryMoon0

LoLth wrote: »
    Check the charter of any forum you intend to post information in.

If you are in any doubt (ie: if the charter does not explicitly state that you can or cannot post) contact one of the forum mods BEFORE you post and let them knwo what it is you want to post up.

Assuming they agree that its ok, include a note in the post that it was passed by whichever mod in your post so it doesnt get mistaken for spam by a co-mod

If a mod says no feel free to query their decision by PM but please be sure to do so politely and dont take refusal personally as the mods primary consideration is the community as a whole and not individual posters.

Thanks LoLth

I did email one of the mods for a particular forum asking if they could put up the links for me in the forum charter. This was a few days back, and I've not gotten a response yet.

I appreciate they busy and all, but maybe I'll drop them another note asking.

Advertisement