Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FC Utrecht v Liverpool FC 18.00 hrs KO

Comments

Lucas, you ****ing ****

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Jesus I usually defend Lucas but that was appalling.. terrible ball and gave away a free

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

mada999 wrote: »
    what game are you watchin?!?!

pissed off with giving negative comments;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

****s sake. that was the height of retardation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Utreacts left back looks a weak point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

baldbear wrote: »
    It's obvious Torres still isn't fully fit. He's looking that bit slow.

It's obvious he just doesn't give a toss anymore.

Absolute rubbish so far, as expected. Has Meireles played right side before? Ever? Pitch looks terrible, you'd see better in the Phoeno.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭5ForKeeps

You get what you wish for in life...a lot of our supporters have got theres. We are so average compared to even last season its unbelievable.

PiE wrote: »

BS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Defence is all over the place

• Advertisement

Lucas having a mare here

PiE wrote: »

Absolute rubbish so far, as expected. Has Meireles played right side before? Ever? Pitch looks terrible, you'd see better in the Phoeno.

Can you actually blame him ffs. Long ball **** is not playing to his strengths, we have gone back 7-8 years to Houllier style football end of story.

Rubbish football philosophy that Hodgson is putting on these set of players. Only for Pepe Reina we would be worse off this season than we already are.

Lucas having a mare here

Having a mare because he is having to do the work of two players because Poulsen is ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

5ForKeeps wrote: »
    You get what you wish for in life...a lot of our supporters have got theres. We are so average compared to even last season its unbelievable.

And what was that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭joe123

Lucas and poulsen living up to the title of ****iest midfield combo ever. They really are two appalling players. What the hell has Roy done putting meireles out wide? Take off one of the donkeys of pucas and stick on babel or someone slightly not as ****.

We are so **** it makes me angry.

And what was that?

Houllier style football, we have gone back 7-8 years with the football Hodgson is playing ffs. Worse than last season when at least we looked like we gave a **** in games.

Some of the players espeically Torres do not believe in Hodgson I believe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭joe123

Having a mare because he is having to do the work of two players because Poulsen is ****.

They are both ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Terrible terrible stuff, I don't care if Torres is isn't getting the service he wants, thats no excuse for not making runs, closing down. Though he's got a bit better as the halfs gone on. As for Lucas :eek: AGH :eek: He and Poulson are poison together. Ironic that Lucas gets the card first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Meireles to the middle, Ecclestone on the right to rip that LB apart and either Lucas or Poulson off because they're pathetic

joe123 wrote: »
    They are both ****.

Yes which Roy hasn't learned from the City game when got mullered with the two of them playing. Play one or the other and I know who I prefer and it ain't Poulsen.

He needs to change the side, I would hope he does the following;

Reina
    Kelly, Skrtel, Agger/Carra, Agger/Carra
    Johnson, Merieles, Lucas, Cole
    Kuyt, Torres

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

We are so so so obvious in everything we do. We cant even do simple things. Its so depressing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

how are liverpool lining up formation wise?

4-4-2

Though its really 4-2-2-2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Houllier style football, we have gone back 7-8 years with the football Hodgson is playing ffs. Worse than last season when at least we looked like we gave a **** in games.

Some of the players espeically Torres do not believe in Hodgson I believe.

Yeah people who lost faith in Rafa wanted this, nice try.

He needs to change the side, I would hope he does the following;

Reina
    Kelly, Skrtel, Agger/Carra, Agger/Carra
    Johnson, Merieles, Lucas, Cole
    Kuyt, Torres
    Agger is injured no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

mike65 wrote: »
    4-4-2

Though its really 4-2-2-2

meireles playing right mid??

Agger is injured no?

Whether he is or not he didn't travel afaik

The whole side is so narrow its silly. Ming is no more a winger than Reina (who he looks like with that bald bonce)

redzerdrog wrote: »
    meireles playing right mid??

I prefer the term "Completely out of position" :mad:

We are so so so obvious in everything we do. We cant even do simple things. Its so depressing.

Yes just like we were at during the last two seasons under Houllier. Rubbish football by a manager who is so far out of his depth as manager of LFC is unreal. Being far from impressed with his attitude towards the style of play he is imprinting on the team and that to go with his attitude off it makes it even worse.

He needs to get the finger out because clearly Plan A ain't working and he has no Plan B apart from bringing on Ngog to change the game.

• Advertisement

mike65 wrote: »
    The whole side is so narrow its silly. Ming is no more a winger than Reina (who he looks like with that bald bonce)

I see you're going ahead with the name Mike :D

PaulieC wrote: »
    Whether he is or not he didn't travel afaik

**** it switch Carra out to LB and bring on Soto into CB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

appalling.

i feel genuinely sorry for Cole and Torres, and to a slightly lesser extent Kuyt.

Cole has been the best player by a mile, but he has no movement, no running, no urgency around him. whether the team is rigidly staying to Roy's system, i don't know, but it's horrible stuff.

Torres looks like he's never met his teammates before.

Poulsen has been fine, Lucas has been abysmal; them as a combination has been, as expected, devoid of any urgency or tempo setting capabilities.

Mereiles out wide has got to be some sort of perverse joke Roy was put up to during the week.

Kelly looks lost at left back.

Carra's legs still look gone.

we've still no pace, or genuine width, and Johnson most of the time looks like he doesn't know if he's allowed overlap.

it's all just very tedious.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

awful stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,568 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

SlickRic wrote: »
    appalling.

i feel genuinely sorry for Cole and Torres, and to a slightly lesser extent Kuyt.

Cole has been the best player by a mile, but he has no movement, no running, no urgency around him. whether the team is rigidly staying to Roy's system, i don't know, but it's horrible stuff.

Poulsen has been fine, Lucas has been abysmal; them as a combination has been, as expected, devoid of any urgency or tempo setting capabilities.

Mereiles out wide has got to be some sort of perverse joke Roy was put up to during the week.

we've still no pace, or genuine width, and Johnson most of the time looks like he doesn't know if he's allowed overlap.

Just home so missed first half, but from what I read here it sounds bad.

Who do we blame for this....Rafa because of last season, the players themselves, owners, Roy....or all of them together.

Not trying to stir a row here, but I just don't know what can be done without investment to change things around. All very depressing at the moment.

Hyacinth02.jpg

We can only hope that 2nd half syndrome kicks in.

murpho999 wrote: »

Who do we blame for this....Rafa because of last season, the players themselves, owners, Roy....or all of them together.

Not trying to stir a row here, but I just don't know what can be done without investment to change things around. All very depressing at the moment.

He is the manager now, at least the players should have some self belief believed to be a great man manager you would expect Roy to have done this at least so far. But at the moment the players don't, his tactics leave a lot to be desired so the buck stops with him regarding performances as much as Rafa. He has a better squad of players at his disposal than Fulham. No excuses.

Utrecht are no world beaters, we have the players there to beat them comfortably but the tactics being employed not only tonight but since the season started have being somewhat negative.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

lol babb - "bring on ngog or babylon" i bet hes been waiting weeks to say that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

i feel genuinely sorry for Cole

I feel genuinely sorry for the people Cole is attempting to pass to.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Someone please remind me why I like football .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

So what is the story with Insua? Surely he would be a better option at least back considering it is his natural position?!

If the 3e stream doesn't come back up soon I'm gona fúckin flip :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

murpho999 wrote: »

Who do we blame for this....Rafa because of last season, the players themselves, owners, Roy....or all of them together..

Let's be fair, they've all a hand in it, some more than others. But the responsibility is on roys shoulders to do something about it and so far it looks like he has his thumb up his a$$

appalling.

Excellent post would thank twice if possible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

FFS Johnson wake up.

• Advertisement

So what is the story with Insua? Surely he would be a better option at least back considering it is his natural position?!

We're about as likely to call aquilani back than we are to call insua back tbh!!

Bar Gerrard & Konchesky who regularly start that is our strongest 11 out there tonight. Agger is missing granted but honestly surely there is enough quality out there to pull out a performance which hasn't being the case so far this season bar a 45 mins against Arsenal, 15 against Utd and the Steaua game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Hows Ricky Van Whatshisface playing?? Have a couple of quid on him scoring AT

Bar Gerrard & Konchesky who regularly start that is our strongest 11 out there tonight. Agger is missing granted but honestly surely there is enough quality out there to pull out a performance which hasn't being the case so far this season bar a 45 mins against Arsenal, 15 against Utd and the Steaua game.

The eleven that started were arguably good enough to win in the carling cup as well. Where are roys motivational skills gone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,568 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Stupid 3e commentators. Torres misses a difficult chance and now it's a sign of how bad he is playing and he is not the same as last year.

Suppose if he scores later then they'll say he's back in the groove.

• Advertisement
Advertisement