Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FC Utrecht v Liverpool FC 18.00 hrs KO

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Hows Ricky Van Whatshisface playing?? Have a couple of quid on him scoring AT
    Almost scored there few opertunities for him though

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭5ForKeeps

The eleven that started were arguably good enough to win in the carling cup as well. Where are roys motivational skills gone?

Who knows because its still at Fulham as far as I can see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Dive!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

murpho999 wrote: »
    Stupid 3e commentators. Torres misses a difficult chance and now it's a sign of how bad he is playing and he is not the same as last year.

Suppose if he scores later then they'll say he's back in the groove.

Nah don't forget it's 3e they'll prob say he could've scored it better or some shít :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

that should have been a goal - for both teams

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Livelier 2nd half anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

We are so damn bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

murpho999 wrote: »
    Stupid 3e commentators. Torres misses a difficult chance and now it's a sign of how bad he is playing and he is not the same as last year.

Suppose if he scores later then they'll say he's back in the groove.

As long as he scores a few against Blackpool, I couldnt give two ****s what 3e think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

Fowler87 wrote: »
    As long as he scores a few against Blackpool, I couldnt give two ****s what 3e think

thing is he wont :rolleyes:

That's not a yellow ffs! He saw a secod defender was coming an threw himself down!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭baldbear

Looks like there will be goals. Torres to score and all troubles to be forgotten!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,568 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

baldbear wrote: »
    Looks like there will be goals. Torres to score and all troubles to be forgotten!

Not so sure....Utrecht look quite dangerous....or is our defence bad, and we make them look good....not so sure!

Nesu was terrible there Torres too honest could of had a penalty but maybe thats a good thing that he didn't try to go down.

Torres looked fairly sharp there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Looking forward to seeing this Maguire kid.

Fúck me - Lucas idea of giving an option to pass to atm is runing ahead of the player in posession into an area where the ball cannot reach him! :mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Time for a sub or two

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

Ye are terrible lads. This is ugly ugly football. Well done

NickDrake wrote: »
    Ye are terrible lads. This is ugly ugly football. Well done

Not biting. Hard luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭beardo81

Oh God this is awful to watch.

beardo81 wrote: »
    Oh God this is awful to watch.

Don't watch then? :confused:

Inspired substitution Roy, fair fúcks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

80 minutes before a change. **** off Roy

Cole off for Maxi....FFS...brilliant Roy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

rarnes1 wrote: »

Great fan

• Advertisement

That was close lack of communication there

rarnes1 wrote: »

Thanks for the advice. Go be confused elsewhere.

SantryRed wrote: »
    Great fan

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭joe123

This is pathetic. Why he's brought on maxi I don't know. He has been terrible since joining.

Worringly does anyone think Torres has lost his pace? Since his knee injury he seems to have lost that burst of acceleration.....

What a crap shot.

• Advertisement

Kelly has been horrendous. Played out of position though.

The curse of the LFC fullbacks

Johnson is f*cking hopeless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭baldbear

joe123 wrote: »
    Worringly does anyone think Torres has lost his pace? Since his knee injury he seems to have lost that burst of acceleration.....

Yeah i fear he might never recover it. Hopefully he will though. He's a class act and would be a pity to see him loose that burst of speed.

A draw isn't a bad result after the very average performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭kingshankly

please Roy take this brand of football elsewhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Whole team is shocking tonight. Bloody awful.

Liverpool are bloody painful to watch under Roy so far.

Johnson is f*cking hopeless.

It really looks like Roy has told him stop over lapping. I'm beginning to get sick of the **** hodgson has us playing already.

Meireles on the wing is a WTF moment if there ever was one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Good away point for Fulham Liverpool

A draw, no injuries and now I am going to forget this match ever happened.... saying that alot lately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Dunno why Johnsons getting stick, he's been the most likely to get an assist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Lucas Leiva is not a footballer, I have absolutely no idea what he is but **** me he is not a footballer.

• Advertisement

Lucas and poulsen together are ****ing **** on a stick. How can the yes man not see that?

Can the players be disillusioned with Roy already? Nobody out there looked like they wanted to play, where's the spirit gone from the team? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

15 months of complete dross.

I think it would have been a harsh Peno against Carragher he seemed to go down after Carragher had let go of him

Also would of liked to see Meireles and Aqualani in the center of the park instead of Lucas and Poulson(I know Aqua has gone on loan but i think he was under utilised at LFC)

The only word for that performance, and the brand of football we've been playing for quite some time now is this:

Pathetic! :mad:

The result isn't bad.

Performance was shocking. Again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Blackhorse Slim

daithijjj wrote: »
    15 months of complete dross.

I think that's unfair. We were pretty poor at times last season, but we never had a sustained run of utter crap like we've had so far this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

wow.

i'm not even overreacting in saying there was not one redeeming feature about that performance.

there was no energy, no fight. we were completely rigid in our formation, and so predictable in our build up play.

Torres indeed seems to have lost his burst of pace. and what the f*ck was he doing with that chance?

Pucas...for the love of God, they must not play together. it is an exercise in futility. plus, Lucas seems to have gone backwards since last year.

Mark Wright said something quite insightful on commentary. he talked about Liverpool players' first touch. more often than not, that touch is backwards. Rafa was always slightly cautious, but i don't think i'm overstating it to say it's got a hell of a lot worse.

poor Kelly must not play LB again.

i honestly, truly, and i don't care if this is completely over the top and unfair on Roy, but i really cannot take much more of this absolute sh*te - this passive, pathetic, timid football Roy has us playing.

it's an embarrassment right now.

even if we'd won that 1-0, i'd be saying the same.

i know Roy needs time, blah blah blah, but there really should be some redeeming qualities to our play by now, something to hold on to, some remnant of optimism.

no, not one.

oh, i found one redeeming feature...the f*cking turgid affair is over.

Very worrying performance tonight.

Seems to be a complete lack of confidence throughout the team

Lack of ambition shown by midfield, at no stage was any good pass made to give strikers a chance.

Defence lookin very weak, a better team would have torn them apart tonight.

Roy's tactics or lack of is probably the most worrying of all. Why have Lucas & Poulsen in same line up? Why take Cole off for Maxi in the 80th minute? Why play a limited and uncreative brand of football that will not lead to chances for Torres and therefore cause a lack of goals and therefore shatter his confidence and faith in club?

Really think that if and when new owners come in that Roy will be treated like Mark Hughes at City and shown the door. He is not the man to take this club forward.

Will stop here as I could go on all night!

What price we get a draw against Blackpool on Sunday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

I think that's unfair. We were pretty poor at times last season, but we never had a sustained run of utter crap like we've had so far this season

We have had some exceptionally bad runs over the last 2 years. 6 points out of 27 in the league in rafas penultimate season and something very similar last season.

It all basically stems from no creativity in central midfield and out wide. Its boring tedious monotony watching us for a long time.

Advertisement