Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FC Utrecht v Liverpool FC 18.00 hrs KO

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

SlickRic wrote: »
    i know Roy needs time, blah blah blah, but there really should be some redeeming qualities to our play by now, something to hold on to, some remnant of optimism.

In fairness, he made an unremarkable start to his Fulham career too. Something like two wins in 14 before he got them out of trouble. And a replay defeat in the FA Cup to Bristol. He needs time.

Very worrying performance tonight.

Seems to be a complete lack of confidence throughout the team

This.

Zero confidence throughout the team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Another rubbish display. I could'nt even be bothered anymore. Until the ownership situation is sorted we are going to remain in terminal decline.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

The headline on The RoadEnd puts it aptly..

Utrecht 0-0 Liverzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

roy gets it tactically wrong yet again, playing our most nateral CM as right mid the mind boggles:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

redzerdrog wrote: »
    roy gets it tactically wrong yet again, playing our most nateral CM as right mid the mind boggles:(

Even a god awful babel would have been better out wide, or maxi of course.

Let our midfielder play midfield - we did pay 11m+ for him to play there after all. Oh, but we paid 20m for another who's not even at the club. Hmm, I see a trend....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

What happened to giving Babel a chance anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭IRISHSPORTSGUY

How did Barry Maguire do for Utrecht? Keen to play for Ireland according to the Herald a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

How did Barry Maguire do for Utrecht? Keen to play for Ireland according to the Herald a few weeks ago.

Hard to tell from all the nails I had been hammering into my eyes but to be honest he didn't have enough time on the pitch and on the ball to properly assess. Playing Ajax this weekend though so I'll be watching that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Thankfully I was, um, too preoccupied to watch this game because by the sounds of it, it was bleeding brutal. Again. FFS. I'm losing patience with Roy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Don't mind that rag of a paper, he's a born and bred Dutchman. He turned down the u18's I think a couple of years ago, may have been the u21's and is interested in playing for Netherlands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i'm still angry.

i'm normally at least a little over it by the next day, but this time i'm not. and it's that interview i can't get out of my head.

'i can have nothing but praise for my team for the way we set about the match'

f*ck off.

if i didn't know he was a nice guy, i'd think he was patronising the whole damn lot of us.

I take it that it's the performance rather than result that's pissing everyone off? Cos a point away seems alright to me, then again, he was playing some of our supposed big hitters.

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    I take it that it's the performance rather than result that's pissing everyone off? Cos a point away seems alright to me, then again, he was playing some of our supposed big hitters.

the performance and Roy's post-match interview where he maintains that we did very well and has nothing but praise for the players.

he gave off the general whiff that he was managing a mid-table team who had just gone to somewhere like Milan or Madrid and got a point.

SlickRic wrote: »
    the performance and Roy's post-match interview where he maintains that we did very well and has nothing but praise for the players.

he gave off the general whiff that he was managing a mid-table team who had just gone to somewhere like Milan or Madrid and got a point.

Fair enough on the performance, but I'm just curious, is there any difference between what Roy says and when Rafa used to go about "positives" after a game when in reality there were none?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Fair enough on the performance, but I'm just curious, is there any difference between what Roy says and when Rafa used to go about "positives" after a game when in reality there were none?

Yes. It's all that little bit worse than it was under Rafa last season.

is there any difference between what Roy says and when Rafa used to go about "positives" after a game when in reality there were none?

Rafa said the same things every game, and they grated on me...

'we work har'
    'we create one or two opportunities'.
    'we keep trying'

etc etc etc.

but i don't think i ever heard anything like Roy last night. Roy was positively glowing at what his team had achieved last night. if he'd talked about a decent point, after we had worked hard, then fair enough.

but Roy actually thought we played very well, with some good football.

that, for me, is an outright lie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I know people make the joke 'good result for Fulham Liverpool', but seriously, when i hear/see/read Hodgson's post match interviews, i swear he still thinks he's managing Fulham.

Last night was atrocious! Absolutely horrific stuff. Someone said it's like the end of the Houllier era. It's not. It's back to the Souness days.

The match was crying out for something different and what does Hodgson do? Brings on Maxi!! I could have cried.

Blackpool at Anfield on Sunday now. God knows what's gonna happen then. Surely we can't drop points in that one. Surely! Can we?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MaceFace

And what happened to Rafa?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

MaceFace wrote: »
    And what happened to Rafa?

He got the job at Inter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

8-10 wrote: »
    Hard to tell from all the nails I had been hammering into my eyes but to be honest he didn't have enough time on the pitch and on the ball to properly assess. Playing Ajax this weekend though so I'll be watching that.

We're 2-0 down. :( Ricky van Wolfswinkel with 2 penos.

Barry Maguire is on the bench.

Advertisement