Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best/most reliable mail order company for games

Options
  • 30-09-2010 11:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭

any recommendations, tried cd wow before, never again

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Honestly, if you want a game on release day, www.gamesnash.ie will get it for you. I have never been let down by them.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Yeah, +1 for Gamesnash. And they have a presence on Boards, so you'll always be able to get direct contact with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,324 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Gamesnash get my vote too. If you don't mind waiting Zavvi.com have so great deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I'll stick my +1 in here for Gamesnash. They've a forum here on boards and are always willing to help and always get back to you quickly.

More often than not they'll have the game to you a day before actual release day which is always a bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

I thought the whole point of online shopping was to get the item you want as cheap as possible. I could never understand why people choose Gamesnash, its not exactly the cheapist around.I Usually pick thehut.com or sendit.com. Youll receive the item on the Monday or Tuesday when the game is released the previous Friday. Price example for Dead Rising : The Hut €40 Gamesnash €52 . Halo Reach: The Hut € 45 Gamesnash €52. The Hut charges €1.35 or something for shipping dont know what Gamesnash charges. Nothing against Gamesnash but the site is too expensive for my taste.

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

tonydude wrote: »
    I thought the whole point of online shopping was to get the item you want as cheap as possible. I could never understand why people choose Gamesnash, its not exactly the cheapist around.I Usually pick thehut.com or sendit.com. Youll receive the item on the Monday or Tuesday when the game is released the previous Friday. Price example for Dead Rising : The Hut €40 Gamesnash €52 . Halo Reach: The Hut € 45 Gamesnash €52. The Hut charges €1.35 or something for shipping dont know what Gamesnash charges. Nothing against Gamesnash but the site is too expensive for my taste.

Hi tonydude,

The prices on our site include standard delivery with An Post.

Just to explain the price difference there - the hut are shipping from Jersey and are therefore selling their games with no VAT. Because we are based in and shipping from Ireland we are obliged to include 21% VAT in our price. If you take that VAT back out of our price you will see that for a relatively little player versus the big boys we take in less money per game than they do. If your package gets stopped by customs (not saying that all of them do! but there are quite a few) you will have to pay that 21% VAT as well as an admin charge making them very expensive.

At the end of the day for some customers price is king and I can totally understand anyone going for a cheaper option be that online with the VAT free retailers or indeed in the high street with the various offers that come up. The trade off for us is our delivery times and customer service and the vast majority of our business would be in pre orders for release day delivery. We could pack up and move to Jersey and match their pricing but it would mean the same delivery times and customs peril :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

i agree. the price is the first thing i look at and then follow by the site's reputation.

i used alot amazon .co.uk , always some bargain prices and prompt delivery(i usually get the free delivery by buying games together). love it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,440 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd always buy cheap but that's because I'm broke. However if I wanted a game on or before release I'd use gamesnash when I had the money. Usually ended up cheaper than the usual rip off merchants unless Tescos heavily discount the game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

+1 for gamesnash but they dont do pc games so can anyone recommend a site that sell pc games and get the game to you on release day?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,324 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Youll receive the item on the Monday or Tuesday when the game is released the previous Friday.

You've been a lot luckier than me. That last game I got at launch from them was Lost Planet 2, which arrived 10 days after it was released.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Another +1 for gamesnash if you want it on release date

Other than that, most of the big names are all pretty good but delivery times vary madly.
    My most currently used at the moment are Amazon, Zavvi, TheHut and Play, but if I see it cheaper elsewhere (god bless gamestracker!) I'll get it from there if they're reputable enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭timetogetfit

whats the benefit of gamesnash over just going into your local gamestop?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Maybe you don't have a local gamestop? :confused:

With the price of games these days price takes precedent. Id love to get my games from an irish company like gamesnash.Support our own you know. But when money is hard to come by these days, its advisable to shop around. I dont understand how people still walk into the likes of Game or Gamestop and pay €55/60 for a new game. Madness

Id get it from Gamesnash before i enter Gamestop

Not having to go to your local gamestop ! That may sound like a joke but from a convenience point of view we save a lot of hassle. Price wise we can be a bit cheaper and can be a bit dearer depending on the publisher for new games. For pre owned games we are significantly cheaper - we have an online trade in facility which means you can get a quote before you cart your games down to the local shop and feel like you may as well just give them over now you're there :) - we believe we offer a great deal all round with our trade ins as we don't price them at €5.00 less than the new price etc.

Above all that we're nice people :p

Thanks btw to all those who recommended us - very much appreciate it - don't want to litter the thread with bucket loads of eye hurting red thanked by gamesnash.ie pat. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,156 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I use amazon alot these days

videogamesplus.ca are also very good

Dont use play.com anymore out of principle of their exchange rates.

I have used Gamesnash once (for a controller), it was completely uneventful (good thing!)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Id get it from Gamesnash before i enter Gamestop

Me too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭timetogetfit

im interested in getting castlevania lord of shadows for the 360, will gamesnash be getting this in earlier than gamestop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

I recently found http://www.gamestracker.com/ which tracks the price of games across various sites and can give you the cheapest around (including postage). Meant I saved a tenner on Civ V over some options. Handy for finding the cheapest price around, if not the most reliable site around (the selling one, i mean).

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Does anyone know if Blah DVD is any good? I was looking on that Gamestracker site for Fable 3 collectors edition and it's €58 on Blah as opposed to €70 or €80 elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

I'd use Gamesnash, but ye lads don't do PC games (why not?), so I use Amazon.co.uk

I'd use Gamesnash, but ye lads don't do PC games (why not?), so I use Amazon.co.uk

Short answer is rapidly falling demand: all of the independent retailers here stopped stocking them or elected to buy a couple of units in the local game or gamestop just to have them available. The distributors here tend now not to stock them anymore unless we order a full minimum order quantity ourselves. We don't have the demand for it unfortunately so had to stop.

We can source stock through the UK but it would not land to us to get out in time for release day delivery to our customers here. So it would be kind of pointless doing it. :(

Advertisement