Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Citzen rights or employment law solictor

Options
  • 30-09-2010 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Just wondering if anyone has either previous experience or can recommend what i should do.

Ive been in my job for 5 years and ive been asked to do alot of other things which are not in my job description or contract, dont get me wrong im happy to help out but its becoming a daily thing now.

When i asked about this, i was then told ' that my job title as my contract ' is not longer available...... however iv never been informed of this in writing or prior to now - i cant help but feel that i am now been bullied into doing alot of other 'work' - if i say that i dont want to do it im told that i will be sent home...
    there are also a number of other problems too but just wanted to get a handle as to what direction i can go with this as i dont seem to be getting any where with the managment or hr :mad:

Any advice would be greatly appreciated .......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

with the difference between what in your contract and what you are now doing it would be a staight cut case of the obvious.some contracts have very generalised words that can be "adjusted" to meet the demands. In retail everybody is called a sales assistant regardless or where in the shop you work meaning that they can ask you to do various jobs around as required

however the threat to send you home is a serious issue as it can be assumed that they are suspending you without pay. It has happened before and we in my job are warned not to take such actions without following proper procedure regardless of the staff memebers attitude or actions.

I would ask for a meeting with your immediate boss to outline your issues and ask them to be resolved or your contract adjusted accordingly. mention the feeling of bullying as many companies are a little scared of bullying because of the negative outcome of it. dont threaten them with it just mention it.

Advertisement