Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sea swimming in Booterstown, Dublin

Options
  • 30-09-2010 12:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I'm a regular swimmer in Seapoint and the 40 Foot. I'm moving to Booterstown soon, and wanted to know if any of you swim there? Is it clean? Safe?

There is no beach, but it looks like you could probably jump in off some of the old steps.

I haven't seen anyone swimming there when I've passed by. There isn't much mention of it as a swimming area either on the web, in comparison to the places mentioned above. But I did come across it on an old map of Dublin though, and it was marked as a "swimming spot."

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭airscotty

Its cold now..! But I dont know the area sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

I used to dig bait there!! Its very tidal so there would only be a short time where you have enough water to swim. As kids we used to swim on the Booterstown side of the blackrock baths when we didnt have money to go in. Also that area of the bay tends not to be swept as clean with the tides so you may find yourself swimming in a lot of debris/old seaweed. You also have the small(dirty) stream running out from Blackrock park.. Stick to Seapoint and the 40ft....

Advertisement