Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

""you have disabled data traffic" on Samsung Galaxy S on 3

Options
  • 30-09-2010 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I get this error when I try to access Planet 3.
    Anyone know how to turn data access on?
    thanks
    m

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Do you have 3G data? Do you get 2G data? are you trying to access this when not on 3G?

I used to get that error when I didn't have 2G data working, if you want a contact of a 3 person that I had that fixed my issue, send me a PM :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 pmcgowan

mathie wrote: »
    Hi
    I get this error when I try to access Planet 3.
    Anyone know how to turn data access on?
    thanks
    m
    Mathie, I am having exactly the same problem and have logged a query with 3. did you happen to find an solution?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 borotom

I'm having the same problem and only switched to 3 today anyone got s fix for this please as I'm not very technical minded

• Registered Users Posts: 16 pmcgowan

borotom wrote: »
    I'm having the same problem and only switched to 3 today anyone got s fix for this please as I'm not very technical minded

3's Customer Service advised me to reset the phone and it worked (you reset under Settings). But be warned. I lost all my contacts that I had laboriously typed in from my old list. You really need to backup to be safe. To be honest, I do not know how to do that yet. I have tried Samsung Kies but have been unable to get it to work on my PC (running Windows 7) - any help appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,228 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

You just need to go into settings and enable data traffic. No need to reset the phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 borotom

Cheers.I couldn't find any data connection to turn back on so I just reset the phone. This seemed to work. Also does anyone know how to add ring tones or message alert tones to this phone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Settings > Wireless & networks > Mobile networks > Data enabled (and maybe also Data roaming)

Advertisement