Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rent allowance :(

• 30-09-2010 12:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi,

I went to holidays, during that time I did not receive my rent allowance. So I went down to my CWO and she told me I was on holidays to provide my tickets and that she would sort it out, even though I filled out the form that I was going on holidays in the social welfare office. Second month passed and I still did not receive my rent allowance, so I went down to there and asked her again so she just said I told you I will sort it out, so I asked her when I will receive it, she told me when she does it. Third month passed and still no rent allowance. I do not want to go down there again to be told by her basically to go away until she sorts it out. I want to know when I will get the rent allowance and if I can`t any more what is the reason. And what I can do about it. Can I appeal to anyone else?

Thank You...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Red_Marauder

Jesus... How are you managing to pay your rent? Write to your local TDs - all of them, and let them see that it's being sent to all of them. You might be surprised with the effect a good TD can have on civil servants. Also, re-visit your CWO even if it makes you uncomfortable, it is her job not her charity and as the son of a social worker, be assured that people like her are tough skinned and not easily offended so keep the pressure on.

I know these are hard times and everyone in the social welfare office is under pressure but three months is just ridiculous for something this straightforward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 mr.Marsy

Well I guess from savings, but they are running out at times like this. I will go down to her again and ask her to give me a precise day, I do not want to wait for ages. Thing is she is just ignorant she does not even want to swipe the social card trough the machine thingy ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

mr.Marsy wrote: »
    Hi,

I went to holidays, during that time I did not receive my rent allowance. So I went down to my CWO and she told me I was on holidays to provide my tickets and that she would sort it out, even though I filled out the form that I was going on holidays in the social welfare office. Second month passed and I still did not receive my rent allowance, so I went down to there and asked her again so she just said I told you I will sort it out, so I asked her when I will receive it, she told me when she does it. Third month passed and still no rent allowance. I do not want to go down there again to be told by her basically to go away until she sorts it out. I want to know when I will get the rent allowance and if I can`t any more what is the reason. And what I can do about it. Can I appeal to anyone else?

Thank You...

Informing Social Welfare Office does not notify the CWO you are on holidays. Social Welfare is Department of Social Protection, CWO is under the HSE - just so you know in future that you have to inform both.

You can contact the Superintendent of the Community Welfare officers - call their main office for your area and ask for them. Have you been given any decision at all? If you are getting no joy from the CWO, you could go into Social Welfare and ask them what does their system say - see what status is on the Rent allowance claim.

cAr0l wrote: »
    Informing Social Welfare Office does not notify the CWO you are on holidays. Social Welfare is Department of Social Protection, CWO is under the HSE - just so you know in future that you have to inform both.

You can contact the Superintendent of the Community Welfare officers - call their main office for your area and ask for them. Have you been given any decision at all? If you are getting no joy from the CWO, you could go into Social Welfare and ask them what does their system say - see what status is on the Rent allowance claim.

Hmm, I did not know that but thank you. I went on holidays before and never had problems you know.

I will indeed give them a buzz and see what happens. Well I went in to her few times and she told me she will pay, but when I asked when she goes "When I do it", which is not a big help to me since I have to pay rent soon or I am out of the house. I want to know definite answer not like when someone feels like doing it,its no good to me if she pays me in a years time LOL.

Just an update on this went down, asked to talk to SCWO after 2 mins he said sorted and I got my rent allowance wollaaaaaa :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement