Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local exchange details

Options
  • 30-09-2010 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭

I'm in the middle of moving house at the moment and what should be an easy transfer of phone & broadband is going nowhere fast.

I've already bought and moved into the new house. The old owners are in the proces of moving their phone line to their new property but their provider hasn't quite got it together yet. They claim there's an order to move in since the start of September.

So, I am trying to get UTV to move my phone and BB from my old house. First thing - UTV reckon that my old and new locations are on different exchanges. They may be right, but I'm not entirely convinced about the logic they used to determine this. The old house is Booterstown (01-269) and the new house is Blackrock (01-280). I could be wrong but I had a hunch these were both served from the Exchange up near Stillorgan.

Does anyone know of a resource I can use to check whether this is the case or not ? I would prefer to keep the old number, but if I can't then so be it. I just don't want to give up the old number because UTV didn't check properly.

Thanks,

z

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

zagmund wrote: »
    I'm in the middle of moving house at the moment and what should be an easy transfer of phone & broadband is going nowhere fast.

I've already bought and moved into the new house. The old owners are in the proces of moving their phone line to their new property but their provider hasn't quite got it together yet. They claim there's an order to move in since the start of September.

So, I am trying to get UTV to move my phone and BB from my old house. First thing - UTV reckon that my old and new locations are on different exchanges. They may be right, but I'm not entirely convinced about the logic they used to determine this. The old house is Booterstown (01-269) and the new house is Blackrock (01-280). I could be wrong but I had a hunch these were both served from the Exchange up near Stillorgan.

Does anyone know of a resource I can use to check whether this is the case or not ? I would prefer to keep the old number, but if I can't then so be it. I just don't want to give up the old number because UTV didn't check properly.

Thanks,

z

Hijack a local eircom tech the next time you see him in the area. They normally are a wealth of information. There is always loads of Eircom vans going around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭bhickey

zagmund wrote: »
    The old house is Booterstown (01-269) and the new house is Blackrock (01-280). I could be wrong but I had a hunch these were both served from the Exchange up near Stillorgan.

According to the Smart Telecom line checker, 01-269 looks like the Nutley exchange. It doesn't say what exchange the 01-280 numbers are but Smart's own services aren't offered on the 01-280 number range so one can assume it's a different exchange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

01 280 xxxx is Dun Laoghaire exchange.

Advertisement