Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tramore

• 30-09-2010 1:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭

hey guys and gals how long would it take to walk to tramore?? is it even possible from the city center??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

About two hours the last time I did it! There's regular buses though.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Do-able to walk it or even run it, much much quicker to cycle it though and failing that public transport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Nice walk, you can have a can with Tawdy on the way out :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

thanks everyone. yea think i might walk it on the weekend if the weather isnt too bad. i know the buses are regular enough but im a cheap ass student and i walk as much as possible anyway to stay fit. sounds like a long walk but sounds like a good walk. are there footpaths all the way or will i be taking my chances:) i likes a challenge lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Icky Thump wrote: »
    thanks everyone. yea think i might walk it on the weekend if the weather isnt too bad. i know the buses are regular enough but im a cheap ass student and i walk as much as possible anyway to stay fit. sounds like a long walk but sounds like a good walk. are there footpaths all the way or will i be taking my chances:) i likes a challenge lol

Footpaths less than half the way, but a good wide hard shoulder too. Why not take a look with google street view?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 ilikemusic

Cabaal wrote: »
    Do-able to walk it or even run it, much much quicker to cycle it though and failing that public transport.

How long would it roughly take to cycle into the city centre?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

ilikemusic wrote: »
    How long would it roughly take to cycle into the city centre?

From the prom in Tramore to the Clock Tower is roughly 8 miles. Depending on your cycling speed it could take anything from 20 minutes for an experienced club cyclist cycling 24mph to 50 minutes for a beginner cyling 10mph. Most people would be somewhere in the middle between 35 and 45 mins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Don't forget you'll have a good chance to meet a certified Waterford legend about half way if you foot it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭ak51535

At a good pace walk, 1.7 hours exactly from Harveys, did it so many times after a night out and broke! :L

Advertisement