Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Inspector re FIS

• 30-09-2010 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi all,
    just a quick one that has me worried. Im currently on maternity, normally on the back to work scheme and in recepit of fis. Im living at home with my parents, 2 kids, am a single mother. I reapplied for fis in june cause my year was ended and I had to reapply. As I was on maternity my work accounts wrongly stated my and sent it in without me realizing meaning I didnt qualify. My employer rectified this with a letter. I have now been asked at attend an interview with an inspector in my local office.

Would this be down to the wrong hours statement? Although the same guy is the father of both my kids (long story regarding a possible reunion, suprise pregnancy etc) we are not currently in a relationship. I still live at home with my paretns. We dont have a court appointed maintenance agreement, he supports us but without solicitors and courts days. Could htey be wondering why Ive two kids with one guy but not living with him?

Basically help, Im terrified going in here when my appointment comes. There is a list of things on the letter I have to bring including info on properties I own, outcomes of compensation cases, is this a standard letter everyone gets?

Can anyone please help?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,566 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

The inspector is conducting an interview to make sure all is above board,as to your circumstances.a huge amount of claims like yours get sent to inspectors.Just bring everything that the inspector has asked for and there shouldnt be a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭battries not included

Hi all,
    just a quick one that has me worried. Im currently on maternity, normally on the back to work scheme and in recepit of fis. Im living at home with my parents, 2 kids, am a single mother. I reapplied for fis in june cause my year was ended and I had to reapply. As I was on maternity my work accounts wrongly stated my and sent it in without me realizing meaning I didnt qualify. My employer rectified this with a letter. I have now been asked at attend an interview with an inspector in my local office.

Would this be down to the wrong hours statement? Although the same guy is the father of both my kids (long story regarding a possible reunion, suprise pregnancy etc) we are not currently in a relationship. I still live at home with my paretns. We dont have a court appointed maintenance agreement, he supports us but without solicitors and courts days. Could htey be wondering why Ive two kids with one guy but not living with him?

Basically help, Im terrified going in here when my appointment comes. There is a list of things on the letter I have to bring including info on properties I own, outcomes of compensation cases, is this a standard letter everyone gets?

Can anyone please help?

They will investigate if they think there is something going on that shouldn't, like if you where living with bf without telling them etc..

If you get FIS/BTWA, do you still qualify for One Parent Family?

the reason i ask is, they will want to know why the father of the children does not pay child support for the children he brought into the world (with you) and therefore the goverment have to step in with the one-parent payment.

Good to see you are out working, hope things work out, if you have nothing to hide then don't worry, if you do have something to tell, just be honest, it's the best policy (they will find out eventually)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,566 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

You can get FIS and OFP not sure about BTWA.I think OFP make you produce/prove you have tried to get maintenance from the childs father but that only works if the father details are on the birth cert.

Advertisement