Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NUIM Wireless on iPhone

Options
  • 30-09-2010 1:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭

I can't seem to connect into the WiFi system on my iPhone, each time I try to select to connect to it in my settings it tries and tells me "Unable to connect" or something like that?

Does anyone know if you need to have particular settings on or off and if you need a certain model upwards for this to work?

( ON a slightly related note, I can't seem to get into Moodle or My Nuim e-mail on my Laptop.. suggestions and solutions welcome? xD )
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

I have no problem connecting on my iPhone. I haven't changed any settings drastically that I know of. The model I'm using is 3GS

Does it show an SSN error when you try and get onto Moodle?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭JellyBeans92

Mines a 3G and I can't connect?.

Here's the error:

This webpage is not available.

The webpage at http://moodle.nuim.ie/ might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

Error 10 (net::ERR_ACCESS_DENIED): Unknown error.

It's just not my day technology wise! xD

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

Have ya tried reseting the settings on your phone and seeing does it work then?

I was getting error messages like that last week, it's fine now though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭JellyBeans92

Settings?. Do you mean the Restore to Factory Settings thing on iTunes?
    Because I only did that recently and it's still not working?

Plus I can't get into my mail either? =(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

The iPhone mail app won't work on the NUIM network because it must require an open port.
    I'm on an iPhone 4 and I'm having no problems. When you connect to the wireless network kist open safari and browse to any site and you should be redirected to a login page where you put in your NUIM number and password.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

cian1500ww wrote: »
    The iPhone mail app won't work on the NUIM network because it must require an open port.
    I'm on an iPhone 4 and I'm having no problems. When you connect to the wireless network kist open safari and browse to any site and you should be redirected to a login page where you put in your NUIM number and password.
    I'm actually having problems with this. The banner at the top of the page covers where I'm supposed to enter my student number and password, so I can't log in. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

i had problems with mine.
    is yours jailbroken.

reset all network settings, then reset all settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Daemos wrote: »
    I'm actually having problems with this. The banner at the top of the page covers where I'm supposed to enter my student number and password, so I can't log in. Any ideas?

Zoom in :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

No I mean the NUIM Captive Portal banner at the top actually covers the text boxes, so I can't enter my details to log in no matter how much I zoom in or out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Daemos wrote: »
    No I mean the NUIM Captive Portal banner at the top actually covers the text boxes, so I can't enter my details to log in no matter how much I zoom in or out.

Download and extract this file, then put it on your phone. Open the page on your phones browser and connect to nuim wifi. If you get redirected to the original one that doesn't work just go back to wifi.html. Enter your details and login

• Advertisement
Advertisement