Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IRCHSS Letter

Options
  • 30-09-2010 2:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi everyone,

Apologies if this has been posted already (I looked but couldn't find anything recent).

Any sign of the IRCHSS letters? They said by end of September....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭breedie

I just logged on to see if anyone had heard from them as well. Nothing here so far. Anyone else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 imagined

Yup, me too. It's kind of weird that there's been nothing sent already. Can't believe a governmental body lied to us!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

I got a letter months ago, if you haven't you should probably call them.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Il Trap

Just phoned IRCHSS. Feedback letters sent out today (Friday) and should arrive early next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭PanicStations

Thank you Il Trap

• Advertisement

Thank you Il Trap :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Ellajane

Just received my IRCHSS letter - grrrrrr! I fell into the 16 - 18% category.... which apparently were "excellent and above the threshold for funding" but budgetary restrictions wouldn't allow it.

I wish I hadn't read it now... so close but so far ;-)

Hi Ella,
    Me too -- 16-18 % category. Excellent review, but I just didn't make it :(

It is slightly encouraging for this year's application, but still, grrrr, like you say ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭theredletter

I was in the 15% category, the letter was read out to me over the phone so I'm not sure what exactly it said but it was really very small reasons and even suggested I learned French randomly, which is odd.

Once I get the form I'll give more info!

Theredletter - I don't believe it! My God! You must be gutted. It says on the form all applications in the top 15% will receive scholarships - boo!

I'm in my third year this year and trying to decide whether to re-apply - I'm sure they won't award a grant to somebody in final year. (I didn't apply when I was in first year as had issues at home)... They've since changed the system so that you can only apply twice. Which, I presume most people would do either the year before they start, first year or second year.... please advise as to whether I should bother myself with another few months of hoping I'll get one:confused:

• Advertisement

Ellajane wrote: »
    Theredletter - I don't believe it! My God! You must be gutted. It says on the form all applications in the top 15% will receive scholarships - boo!

I'm in my third year this year and trying to decide whether to re-apply - I'm sure they won't award a grant to somebody in final year. (I didn't apply when I was in first year as had issues at home)... They've since changed the system so that you can only apply twice. Which, I presume most people would do either the year before they start, first year or second year.... please advise as to whether I should bother myself with another few months of hoping I'll get one:confused:

Ah, maybe that's what my Mum meant! I'll have the form tomorrow night so I'll let ye know what it said properly. I doubt I got in that grade then, if that's the case. I don't really mind to be honest. I get the impression that the IRCHSS is more trouble than they're worth, but still wouldn't say no obviously!

Yea please do let us know!

By the way - did anyone get actually 'feedback' on their application? Mind just gave a breakdown of scores (Quality, training, impact, feasibility) which were deemed excellent, excellent, good and good) overall it was 86 out of 100.

They didn't mention any particular areas or anything - in fact they didn't write anything except that little box and then the rest was just general crap about the marking scores.

Opps - scratch that! I just turned the page and found the box of comments - eek! (Yes i am a third year PhD student and still need to be told to turn over the page - cringe!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

crap I didn't realise the comments where there, must go check now! thought I had looked at the whole thing. in my defence I just got home late yesterday evening and was tired! :o
    I was nowhere near successful with my application but that was before I changed the direction of my topic to something much more straightforward and clear.

Ha ha! Fantastic, I got the BOTTOM 15% category, not the top. I completely agree with the grading and the comments, I hadn't a clue what I was doing (and still don't) and having a lot of issues at the moment, academically and at home. I'm not worried though, I agree with what they've said so I can now make nice changes to the application (I got 52/ 100, I believe! eep)

Advertisement