Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beyond Good and Evil HD (PSN/XBLA)

Options
  • 30-09-2010 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭

If this isn't a gaming highlight for you today, then get out. :)

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/09/30/beyond-good-and-evil-hd/
    Here's more proof that Ubisoft hasn't forgotten the Beyond Good & Evil franchise: The company is in the process of remastering the Michel Ancel-directed adventure classic for release in 2011 on PlayStation Network and Xbox Live Arcade. According to IGN, Beyond Good & Evil HD will run at 1080p resolution and feature updated character models, higher-resolution textures and a remastered soundtrack, along with Trophies and Achievements.

Beyond Good & Evil was first released on Gamecube, Xbox, PS2 and PC in 2003. Like Okami, it is considered by fans to be one of the best Zelda games ... that, you know, isn't actually a Legend of Zelda game.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,440 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

This is one of my big gaming shames that I never played this yet so will definitely be snapping this up.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,478 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Posted the same news over yonder BG&E2 thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055950579

Summarising what I said there: news good, but need sequel.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

How well this re-release does will probably have a large bearing on how development of the sequel progresses. Fingers crossed both first time players and those who have already played and enjoyed it pick it up, it really is a fantastic game.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Bet it sells more than the disc version did.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

I'm a bit suspicious as to how much actual upgrades the game will get, rather than using the PC versions textures, but since it's not backwards compatible with the 360 it's a must-buy for any who hasn't played it yet.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

As Eurogamer says you can already play it in HD on the PC (steam) for a fiver - the supported resolution is as high as 1680x1050.

Steam Link

Eurogamer Retrospective Review
    I can't recommend revisiting Hillys again enough. And despite originally playing it on the PS2, I strongly suggest getting the PC version from Steam if you can. Quite how a five year old game can run at 1680x1050 I'm not sure, but it certainly does. Quick tip: turn off anti-aliasing. At higher resolutions you don't need it, and it fixes a bug which otherwise causes texture-flashing that can make it pretty unplayable. Switched off, the game just looks fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

its $9.99 here :(

definitely just a fiver in ireland?

Helix wrote: »
    its $9.99 here :(

definitely just a fiver in ireland?

Sure is. :)

129397.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

wonder if i can buy it remotely from my irish computer for a fiver, then download it on my canadian one

As Eurogamer says you can already play it in HD on the PC (steam) for a fiver - the supported resolution is as high as 1680x1050.

Steam Link

Eurogamer Retrospective Review
    1080p is 1920x1080 though. ;)

Anyway, the HD remake will also feature updated character models and higher resolution textures so they're certainly worth keeping an eye on. :)

• Advertisement

No offence - but isn't $9.99 canadian like 7 euro? Worth the hassle over 2 euro?

gizmo wrote: »
    1080p is 1920x1080 though. ;)

Anyway, the HD remake will also feature updated character models and higher resolution textures so they're certainly worth keeping an eye on. :)

I know yea - but you can play it now, for a third of the price, at 1050p (:pac:).

I know yea - but you can play it now, for a third of the price, at 1050p (:pac:).
    Not that I'm in any way discouraging people from buying it and playing it now but the re-release will most likely be 1200 points which is what, a tenner? :)

gizmo wrote: »
    Not that I'm in any way discouraging people from buying it and playing it now but the re-release will most likely be 1200 points which is what, a tenner? :)
    Is that wat 1200 is these days? I can never work it out quickly because I've never paid the same price for the same number of points. Normally pay between 33 and 38 euro for 4200 points I think so I guess it works out an average of about 10 euro alright for 1200 points.

Paying the retail price for points tho through the xbox live site for example would work out much higher. (Works out at €14.40 as each point costs 1.2c direct with MS.)

Paying the retail price for points tho through the xbox live site for example would work out much higher. (Works out at €14.40 as each point costs 1.2c direct with MS.)
    Lesson #1: Unless there is a stupidly good sale on, stay the hell away from official pricing. Check the sticky here for the best deals. :)

Aye I normally buy them from whatever list is on that thread. Bought 4200 there a few weeks ago for 34 euro or something I think.

Advertisement