Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Bord Gais bill for well over a year!!!

Options
  • 30-09-2010 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi everyone,

Quick question, has anyone had difficulty getting a bill from Bord gais?

We have been renting our apartment for well over a year and still have no bill from them.

When we moved in, we received a letter stating that we had to contact them within 10 days to set up our account or the gas would be cut off ( not the most welcoming letter I've ever had...) so I rang and gave them my bank acc details and that was that. Since then we have had no bill.

I have emailed them after a good few months to inform them of the situation, they replied apologising, said that it was a billing error on their end and said one would be sent out within a few weeks, but nothing yet. That was nearly a year ago!!

I haven't been rushing to contact them about the bill as things are tight financially, but in all fairness - it's their business, I have informed them we have had no bill, is it really the customer's duty to chase a supplier to insist they receive a bill?

I know it is a service we have used and ultimately we will have to pay for it, but seeing as this is clearly an error on their part, i'd like to think we can work out a payment plan when the time comes.

Another part of me hopes that we will just hear nothing from them again and when we move out of here we'll have just gotten away with it!

Basically I am wondering if anyone out there has had a similar experience and what was the outcome?

Thanks
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement