Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Front Door

• 30-09-2010 3:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I live in the Dundalk area and i am looking for a new front and back door for the house, i live in the country so I would like something secure and ideally PVC. Can anyone PM me details of were i can get good quality doors at reasonable prices, i have got a couple of prices so far and to be honest they are crazy expensive, the doors are nothing special just standard size front and rear doors for a bungalow.
    I can fit the doors myself if i can get them at a good price.

Thanks,
    Mick!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

A good sturdy wooden door with a security lock, a few hinge bolts and a few lockable bolts would be more secure than a PVC door in my opinion. You can't generally retro-fit door chains or extra bolts to a PVC door and any PVC door I've seen has panels which I doubt would resist a couple of good kicks.

If you're set on PVC make sure the lock cylinder is not a Euro Profile cylinder, the type that sticks out from the door. These can be yanked out with a vise-grips and the door simply unlocked. Go for a more secure Mult-T cylinder or similar brand. It looks similar to the Euro Profile but snaps off if tugged. Better again a lock that doesn't protrude enough to get a grip on.

Advertisement