Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ukash vouchers.

Options
  • 30-09-2010 3:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

I was just wondering can these still be used for online poker? if so, where can i get them?
    I have used them awhile back but cant seem to get them anywhere now.
    I live in cork btw.
    Also ,has anyone deposited using paysafe cards?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭quiz

Paysafe will work. google ukash locations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 kuga

quiz wrote: »
    Paysafe will work. google ukash locations.

I did but when i go to the shops they dont have them..maybe they have been taking off the market.
    It seems to be the same with the paysafe.cant get them either.

Thanks anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 U_Guy

Hi-
    Have you tried it from paypoint issuing points? You can get a full list of paypoint issuing points here http://www.paypoint.ie/locator.htm or here http://www.ukash.com/ie/en/where-to-get/instore.aspx?find=cork#
    I can confidently say Ukash are live across Ireland thru Payzone and Paypoint issuers, if you still encounter an issue then please do reply back and let me know the location you tried it in and I will check this for you.
    regards

U_Guy wrote: »
    Hi-
    Have you tried it from paypoint issuing points? You can get a full list of paypoint issuing points here http://www.paypoint.ie/locator.htm or here http://www.ukash.com/ie/en/where-to-get/instore.aspx?find=cork#
    I can confidently say Ukash are live across Ireland thru Payzone and Paypoint issuers, if you still encounter an issue then please do reply back and let me know the location you tried it in and I will check this for you.
    regards

Thanks for the help but not al paypoints do these.All the shops and post offices i have tried so far all have paypoints,the problem with them is even though the ukash is on the system,they are not registered to use them.

I used to buy mine from the spar shop on pouladuff road cork and all of a sudden he said the system wouldnt let him print them anymore.I have been in 5/6 times since and still no joy.

Another shop i have tried is centra by the kinsale road roundabout and they cant print them anymore either..
    I have also tried a lot more places and they just dont do them...

Hi- thanks for the details, we are looking into this now and i will leave a post here as soon as we have a resolution on this. Apologies for the problem but this is something that we will need to find out from Paypoint and give you an explanation for.
    regards

• Advertisement

Hi- thanks for the details, we are looking into this now and i will leave a post here as soon as we have a resolution on this. Apologies for the problem but this is something that we will need to find out from Paypoint and give you an explanation for.
    regards

Thanks again...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

Ukash was definitely withdrawn for several weeks at least; according to a guy in one shop it was due to fraud being committed by a certain 'ethnic group.' Paysafe has been working fine all the time for me.

latenia wrote: »
    Ukash was definitely withdrawn for several weeks at least; according to a guy in one shop it was due to fraud being committed by a certain 'ethnic group.' Paysafe has been working fine all the time for me.

Where do you buy the paysafe cards?

Update- The Spar shop mentioned has not had a PayPoint terminal since June 2009 so they should not be claiming to be an active PayPoint agent. The Centra store has never been a PayPoint agent but could have a Payzone or Postpoint terminal, hence the confusion.

These are active PayPoint agents in Cork itself, both are able to issue Ukash:

Sexton News Deli 5 Old Blackrock Road Cork
    Gillabbey Stores 31 Gillabbey Street Cork

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭3DataModem

kuga wrote: »
    I was just wondering can these still be used for online poker? if so, where can i get them?
    I have used them awhile back but cant seem to get them anywhere now.
    I live in cork btw.
    Also ,has anyone deposited using paysafe cards?

Both work.

Both are available to use on the big sites (e.g. Pokerstars).

Both are (theoretically) purchased at PayPoint outlets.

I always advise ringing the outlet first to ensure they work.

NOTE: you can buy PaySafeCards online.

• Advertisement

Update- The Spar shop mentioned has not had a PayPoint terminal since June 2009 so they should not be claiming to be an active PayPoint agent. The Centra store has never been a PayPoint agent but could have a Payzone or Postpoint terminal, hence the confusion.

Hope this helps
    Thanks,i will try Gillabbey stores and let you know how i get on.

Hope this helps

I was able to get them in Gillabbey stores with no hassle,thanks U_Guy..

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭diamondgirl

im the same, i cant get it anywhere near me. The shops listed on the ukash site that are near me dont do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

im the same, i cant get it anywhere near me. The shops listed on the ukash site that are near me dont do it.

If you're in town, the spar at the corner of Amiens St and Talbot St definitely do. Also, if a shop assistant tells you they don't do it, it's worth asking them to double check or ask a manager-it seems a lot of the foreign workers would rather lie than admit they don't know how to do something.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 TheRebelRam

Are there any other locations in Cork other than the two stated?
    I have tried lots in the last week to no avail...............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 ehewitt

having the same problem, i am in clonmel. got them before, but now im being told they wont/cant sell them anymore? what is going on with this, would love to know!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Donkathon

ehewitt wrote: »
    having the same problem, i am in clonmel. got them before, but now im being told they wont/cant sell them anymore? what is going on with this, would love to know!:confused:
    There was a big scam involving these and every retailer around the country was cut off.
    I contacted payzone directly myself & they said that every individual retailer has to write to them requesting for the ukash & that they assume all responsibility for selling them.
    What happened with the scam I beleive was a load of cloned credit cards were used to but large value ukash vouchers & then the retailer got told that it was a stolen/ cloned CC & they were going to lose the money they wanted payzone to take some of the hit which they refused as its there problem from the point of sale & still billed the retailers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 ehewitt

thanks for that, certainly explains the sheepish behaviour of all the shop assistants!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Harvey78

To all out there that is in the triad as you know that payzone only has customer service up to 6.30pm in the evening and nothing after that..... This is the tipe of service they provide to the retailers that use them and the facility...... With that in mind you will never get any satisfaction from them when you call them with a problem as they do not care what happen.. it is almost like they pull up their shoulders and say sorry " ME not know and dont care"

And there is a big scam going around by a lot of non nationals and the payzone credit card so be aware and be prepared to loose money if you are not on your toes with staff and the procedure about the facility...

as they just dont care at all about the retailers that use them

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭AGUSIA1

HI uguy, Ive been searching everywhere round north county dublin to get these. i used to get them in the londis shop in donabate but there machine never gives them out anymore.. any help.........???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭dannyo666

Anyone make sense of this?

www.ukash.com/ie/en/alerts/get-ukash-online-247.aspx

I dont see instructions of how to buy ukash online at all here..

Anyone have experiance with this?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12 devasativa

any updates on locations or online outlets that are safe

Advertisement