If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

philips 42PFL5405H quote please

Options
  • 30-09-2010 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Very interested in the philips 42PFL5405H but can't seem to find many prices for it around the net and don't think it's on your website.

Could ye give me a price please or tell me even if you have it in stock? Thanks :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi DupsTheKid

pm sent with price

Cheers
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

Could I get a price on this too?

Pixmania has it for 499euro plus 25.99euro delivery, but was hoping to buy from you guys like I have in the past.

http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/4928254/art/philips/42pfl5405h-12-lcd-televis.html

Thanks,

Hi Stuartmchugh

pm sent have a look see and let me know what you think?

cheers
    Ash

Hi Stuartmchugh

pm sent have a look see and let me know what you think?

cheers
    Ash

Brilliant, let me know when it's in stock!

No worries

Will contact you as soon as I have 'em

Thanks for the order

Cheers
    Ash

• Advertisement

Hi Ashley,

Sent you a PM, just want to confirm order.

Thanks,

Stuart

Hi Stuart

PM read and response bounced back to ya'

Cheers
    Ash

Hi Stuart

PM read and response bounced back to ya'

Cheers
    Ash

Order just placed over phone with the Philips shop.

Great service guys, and much more piece of mind then online retailer particularly when forking out a good lump of cash!

Thanks again, can't wait for the TV!

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭djfattony2000

Hi guys,

Also in the market for a 42 incher. Could you quote me for the above tv too please.

Also is there any good deals on LED models?

Thanks
    T

Nicola on behalf of Ash:

Hey djfattony2000,

PM sent! :D

Thanks, Nicola.

• Advertisement

Hi Stuart

How are you getting on with your new TV?
    Got it all set up and running I hope - very easy to set up arent they:)
    Watching Ireland getting a beating WINNING on RTE2?........:)

have a good one
    Ash

Hi Stuart

How are you getting on with your new TV?
    Got it all set up and running I hope - very easy to set up arent they:)
    Watching Ireland getting a beating WINNING on RTE2?........:)

have a good one
    Ash

Brilliant! Bought a 32incher of ya less than a year ago so well used to the Philips setup! Loving the size, although I think we could have gotten a 46incher into the car! Funnily enough I've never spent more than 20 seconds in the shop! Hopefully we send you on a few more customers!

So my focus is now turned to sound options...

How would you compare the PHILIPS HTS3520 system with the Boston Acoustics Tvee Model 20? I'm looking for quality and not sold on the 5.1 alone (the OH doesn't like too many wires around the place). I'm put off by he boston not having a digital input, but I understand the philips system has a coaxial audio input?

If not, can you reccommend me something about 200-250 that would produce good sound to go with my BDP3000 blu ray player and 42PFL5405?

Thanks again! Hope to give you more business!

Hi Stuart

The Philips HTS3520 is a cool little 5.1 DVD system but i'm afraid it doesnt have a Co-Ax digital input - only Stereo Analogue In

Here's the spec
    http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/h/hts3520_05/hts3520_05_pss_eng.pdf

So you couldnt pass the Dolby Digital signal from your BR player to the HTS3520 - only the stereo analogue signal and then have the HTS3520 process it with Dolby Prologic.

The only Philips 5.1 HTS system that has a Digital input is the range topping HTS5560 Blu-Ray system at €599.99

Have a chat with the lads in Richer Sounds - they are on Boards - as i'm sure they will have a few options that may suit with CoAx Digital in.

We do have full on Blu-Ray 5.1 systems, such as the HTS3560 for €399.99 if you fancy a neat 1 box solution, just re locate your BDP3000 to another room:)

Cheers
    Ash

Thanks Ashley,

We're a one tv house so don't think that idea would fly unless I was able to fob off my BDP3000 for 100euro somewhere!

Thanks for the info on the inputs, some reviews/sites are misleading, best go to the source!

Hi Ash,

Can you tell me if the 42PFl5405H is compatible with saorview? and also, what else do I need to get saorview? I'm only really interested in RTE2 HD, for the world cup!

Thanks a Mill

Hi

The 42PFL5405H will tune the the RTE Digital channels but you need to set the TV to UK in the Locations option when tuning in.

you'll also need an arial of some sort - some folks find they get perfectly good reception with and indoor type others need an external one - just try and see.

atb
    Ash

Hi

The 42PFL5405H will tune the the RTE Digital channels but you need to set the TV to UK in the Locations option when tuning in.

you'll also need an arial of some sort - some folks find they get perfectly good reception with and indoor type others need an external one - just try and see.

atb
    Ash

Hi,

I approached saorview with optimism but I'm at my whits end!. I set the location to UK, hooked up a powered aerial, searched for channels and nothing. I then tried to update the firmware, which I read helped someone else. The tv doesn't recognise the file on my USB stick. The USB is correctly formatted and only has the update file on it. I enlisted the help of a friend who is doing a PHD in wireless technology, but not even he could get it going. How are grannies meant to work this?

Any ideas? No hurry as I have UPC but want RTE 2 HD and RTE News Now.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭talkabout

Hey Stuart

I have the 37pfl7604 and was able to get Saorview. Try doing a retune. I selected setup and search for channels, select reinstall, select UK as country and select antenna DVB-T (I think). Hope this helps

Tony

Hi Stuart

You should be having no worries tuning in Saorview.
    The steps Talkabout says to take are correct.
    you may need an outdoor aerial if your indoor one doesn't work.

I know Saorview can be tuned on the 42PFL5405H as we had one tuned into it instore.

If you send me your USB stick I'll pop the firmware on it and post it back to you if you like.

Let me know how you get on.

atb
    Ash

• Advertisement

Hi Stuart

You should be having no worries tuning in Saorview.
    The steps Talkabout says to take are correct.
    you may need an outdoor aerial if your indoor one doesn't work.

I know Saorview can be tuned on the 42PFL5405H as we had one tuned into it instore.

If you send me your USB stick I'll pop the firmware on it and post it back to you if you like.

Let me know how you get on.

atb
    Ash

Hi Ash,

That would be brilliant. Can you put it onto a USB in store if I bring one in? Could pop in after work or at the weekend. I bought a really good internal antenna (it's a powered one4all model) so it should work. Another lad on boards in the Saorview forum got it working after updating the firmware so i'm hopeful!

Thanks again for the great after sales service.

Stuart

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.