Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enterprise Ireland Graduates for International Growth- G4IG

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭scarface22

JAG999 wrote: »
    Hey Slum,

Well maybe there are only something like 15 to 20 positions so and there are 50 of us going for them. That would still be a 3 in 1 chance.

No there are 50 jobs mate
    http://www.enterprise-ireland.com/en/funding-supports/Company/Esetablish-SME-Funding/Graduates-4-International-Growth-G4IG-.html

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Mr.SlumDuck

slumducky wrote: »
    Hey! It doesn't really make sense since 200 people got to the assessment centre. They would surely have narrowed it down more! mmmm

You will do great! :)

Anybody get an email off EI yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 JAG999

Hey, have not received a thing. Do ye think that with the 6 billion announced in cuts yesterday that the whole G4IG programme will be scrapped??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

Hey, have not received a thing. Do ye think that with the 6 billion announced in cuts yesterday that the whole G4IG programme will be scrapped??

I wouldn't be surprised. The Government have no interest in doing anything for graduates. We are the forgotten generation.

• Advertisement

Hey all, just got this email after making an email enquiry as to what the situation was with interrviews

"Details of the business sector/pool and the company you have been matched with are being finalised at moment. This information will be communicated to you next week.
    Your respective company will then contact you directly to schedule an interview."

Next week it is then!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 sherrybobbins

I got the 25% mail, has anyone heard anything back from them? Have they allocated roles to those who were in the 10% bracket i wonder?? Holding out hopes of getting a call!!!!!

I got in the top 10% and have not been called yet. I have not heard of anyone being called yet either. As regards for the top 25%, I would be guessing by saying that I think you well only be called if no one in the top 10% is suitable for the client company but I might be wrong on this.

Yeah I think you're right, just wondering about the 10% group being allocated before I can hope for a call. Slim chance I know but you never know!!!! Thanks.

I spoke to someone in the company that administered the aptitude test and who were involved in the admin and interview logistics and he told me that there has been a bit of a delayed finalising companies and it could be early next week until we find out. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 greenbrain

hope this scheme doesn't fall apart......put a trip to australia on hold because of these interviews.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

Lads this is being delayed due to the budget.

Either funding is being pulled or companies are waiting to see what the budget holds.

More than likely the funding is being pulled - surely you do not expect anything else from FF?? They are not investing in employment schemes of any kind.

All they are investing in is the bailing out the banks.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭rivers

i'm trying to keep optimistic just to keep my sanity. but yea you might be right, nothing would surprise me at this stage. i just hope to god it doesnt turn out that way. I'll give it a few days more then might turn to another plan....eh wait a sec, much like this government, there is no plan b!

Last Friday I was advised that G4IG companies received their matched candidate information last week and in most cases will have contacted, interviewed and made offers to their chosen candidates by 22nd November 2010 and invites to interviews should start from 15th November 2010 (today).

That means that Interviews should be starting today and all positions should be filled my next Monday. I have heard nothing from any company so kinda worried really. Alot needs to happen fast if I am going to be offered a position by Monday.

If anyone gets called, Id appreciate that you let us know asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 stillwaitin

Got the email saying I was in the top 10%, a very positive message all but saying that I have got a job and still have to receive an offer or phone call.

From reading the G4IG document for companies, it seems that offers have to be accepted by the 22nd!!

How they can send such a positive email and then not even an interview is beyond me, furthermore nobody seems to be answering the phone number that was given to us!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 pixielady

Same as got an email saying I was in the top 10% but still haven't heard anything back. I emailed them today to see what whether I was still in with a chance, but I haven't heard back. I will update here when I do.

Suppose the fact that a few of us at least haven't heard back! Could be like all government things that takes ages and not on time!
    However, realistically if there is companies wanting to export to mainland Europe, won't they be looking for graduates with foreign languages?! So even if in the top 10/25% won't make any difference if you don't have a language!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Amad86

Hi there, I was also placed in the top 10% and have heard nothing back to date... Still remaining positive considering the last email received all but guaranteed a final interview and a strong likelihood of at least one job offer..

yea this is mad. They could at least notify us of the exact stage they're at and what is going on...

I believe there was a delay in finalising the client companies and they should be in touch early this week.

Last Friday I was advised that G4IG companies received their matched candidate information last week and in most cases will have contacted, interviewed and made offers to their chosen candidates by 22nd November 2010 and invites to interviews should start from 15th November 2010 (today).

That means that Interviews should be starting today and all positions should be filled my next Monday. I have heard nothing from any company so kinda worried really. Alot needs to happen fast if I am going to be offered a position by Monday.

If anyone gets called, Id appreciate that you let us know asap.

• Advertisement

By "they" I assume you mean the client companies and not Enterprise Ireland. I don't think we will hear anymore from Enterprise Ireland - its out of their hands now and left totally to client companies to contact us.

Did anyone get in touch with Enterprise Ireland to see what companies you were recommended for? Is this information that Enterprise Ireland would give out (I think not)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 pixielady

Jag9999, I'm just wondering who told you about the client companies already having our information, was it from EI?

EI sent me an email last friday stating (and I quote) that .........

"We would advise that paticipating G4IG companies will be receiving their matched candidate information this week and in most cases will have contacted, interviewed and made offers to their chosen candidates by 22nd November 2010. Once the companies have received their information it is at their discretion who they contact and to whom they offer a position.
    Invites to interviews should start from 15th November 2010."

I am taking it that "this week" was last week as I received the email last Friday.

Also note from the wording that there is no guarantee that we will be called for interview as it is at client companies own discretion who they contact. Maybe its a case that everyone using boards.ie has not and will not be contacted at this stage???

I heard from a reliable source that there was a delay in finalising the companies and/or matching candidates so nothing was sent out last week and they will be in touch early this week.

Don't jump to conclusions just yet...
    EI sent me an email last friday stating (and I quote) that .........

"We would advise that paticipating G4IG companies will be receiving their matched candidate information this week and in most cases will have contacted, interviewed and made offers to their chosen candidates by 22nd November 2010. Once the companies have received their information it is at their discretion who they contact and to whom they offer a position.
    Invites to interviews should start from 15th November 2010."

I am taking it that "this week" was last week as I received the email last Friday.

Also note from the wording that there is no guarantee that we will be called for interview as it is at client companies own discretion who they contact. Maybe its a case that everyone using boards.ie has not and will not be contacted at this stage???

I tried ringing them today but no answer. They were fast at replying to my request for feedback the other week so I guess they must be mad busy at the moment to not be answering the phone. Did many people get feedback off them?

Only hope from Jag999 comments I suppose is that they will be receiving their matched candidate! Bit like the way we will be getting our list of matched companies! so hopefully that means we're still in the running!
    Strange their not answering at all anymore the phone goes directly to voice mail now, which is a pity because Sonia came across as very helpful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 567

I requested feedback too. Didn't think the feedback was that useful or accurate. I have also given up on the g4ig programme.

I'm increasingly thinking that the funding has been pulled. I got a mail from the Farmleigh Fellowship just updating candidates as to what stage things were at. Why have EI not done the same?? curious.

just received an email from enterprise ireland, i presume the same one that everyone else will get, clarifying the next stage. There's nothing we didnt already know. It basically says they have forwarded on our details to the participating companies and you may be called for one or more interviews within the next few days. They say the process should be completely finished by the 3rd of December. Also, there's a point at the end that goes along the lines of 'you may not be called for an interview, it is at the discretion of the participating company' etc.

well at least this provides some clarification, and means that it definitely hasnt been cancelled...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 brenyes

rivers wrote: »
    just received an email from enterprise ireland, i presume the same one that everyone else will get, clarifying the next stage. There's nothing we didnt already know. It basically says they have forwarded on our details to the participating companies and you may be called for one or more interviews within the next few days. They say the process should be completely finished by the 3rd of December. Also, there's a point at the end that goes along the lines of 'you may not be called for an interview, it is at the discretion of the participating company' etc.

well at least this provides some clarification, and means that it definitely hasnt been cancelled...

I got the same, that's good anyway, it's moved into the last stage.

Advertisement