Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enterprise Ireland Graduates for International Growth- G4IG

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭rivers

its just up to the companies now. EI say they have already passed on all the candidates details so its out of their hands...

i didnt call them, but emailed them with a few concerns, mostly about location of companies and the details of the post-grad dip, but no answer back yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭scarface22

rivers wrote: »
    its just up to the companies now. EI say they have already passed on all the candidates details so its out of their hands...

i didnt call them, but emailed them with a few concerns, mostly about location of companies and the details of the post-grad dip, but no answer back yet.

I just received another interview for this Friday. However I have pretty much accepted a position on the Farmleigh Fellowship. In a bit of a bind. :confused::confused:

They are both big commitments so i'd say go ahead and do it and see what you think...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 JAG999

Hey All, just sounding out who has accepted offers at this stage and where are ye going? Im still playing the waiting game!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 stillwaitin

Still waiting to hear, was told in the top 10%!
    Absolute shambles of a program,
    hope they send out an email saying whether or not all 50 positions are filled/or not, and can stop thinking about it finally!
    talk about giving people a false sense of hope!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 greenbrain

So does everyone who got the top 10% have their placements sorted?

Nope in the top 10% and not heard a word!

Still waiting to here back from interview here as well. Dec 3rd deadline now gone. Not really worrying about it any more, too long a drawn out process in my opinion.

Yea I see that EI have set up another graduate scheme. Cheek of em!

That Grad Prog should be given to us that are still waiting to hear

• Advertisement

to be honest they will prob just offer placements on this new scheme to different graduates. These are just half hearted attempts by EI to try and show they are doing something for young Irish graduates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 devs kids 2.0

Hi

I am in the same boat as everyone else here, checking back frequently to see if there is a new post with some more information...

Here’s my story for those who are interested.

Did the mass culling thing that was held in the Albert Speer designed buildings of the Enterprise Ireland, (for those who were there that day I was there I was the guy who asked for the bonus number when numbers were called out at the start of the interrogation).

Was one of the lucky ones who got out the gap by 2 o clock. Spent my 7 minutes preaching on, at the time, possible impending doom of IMF and EU bailout, and how I would change the future of Irish exports by making a facebook and twitter account for my potential company and used a friend’s bedroom start-up business as a template for restructuring the Irish economy. I also said how great it is to be Irish, begorrah begosh hah?

it occurred to me afterwards that the big wig EI representative seemed to be listening intently - to be fair I was one of the first of the day so I suppose he still had some interest as well - but it may well have been he knew a hell of a lot more about the bailout than we would have at the time.

Took notes in the "board meeting" and made some attempt at the writing out the ways to help the waste recycling company expand into Europe.

Left knowing the interview went ok, but thought I did poorly in the "lets take over Germany” board meeting.

Got what free food I could grab and grumbled to myself that I had spent another 150 euro odd getting up from the bogs for the interview in the big smoke.

After literally double figures of rejections for other positions I received the email with the "being ranked in the top 10%" and my personal tagline for a few weeks of "and are rated as being of high employability".

Continued to be rejected for various jobs where I must not have been rated as of high employability - for which I feel I was more suited

Come November, three interviews, all tech companies, one in Galway, one in Dublin, one in Cork - Almost nationwide... (The recession has made Limerick unviable economically) The one closest to me of course was the one who offered a Skype interview. They wanted a programmer more than a sales man and asked me to do some tests. Did the tests and am awaiting further contact. The other one wanted me to be pure tech sales and were shipping me to Australia for the year where they were expanding fairly rapidly. They asked would I mind lots of travel. Told me they would be in contact last week, they weren’t and haven’t been this week either. The final one was a pretty well established company and was sending me to Asia for some sort of crossover position where I would be a kind of an Irish connection for their Asian enterprise. As it stands I am still not sure what they actually wanted me to do. The head guy seemed nice anyway, but sure that was an interview, and he was selling his product just like the next guy.

I have a confirmed offer from one of the companies at the moment. Trying to get hold of EI to see what is the story with the wages. 20000 for a gig in Dublin is shocking, financially you are better off on the dole, probably even after the mega budget of today. And the monies dedicated to sending you abroad - don’t even think you are going to get your mitts on that cash. That is for your employer :)
    The Australia gig had the best product – and in my opinion seemed to be the one likely to make most cash going forward.
    The Asia gig is more established – but has multiple players in a crowded market. But again, the head honcho was a cool guy and seemed keen from the start to give me the start.
    The cork gig – which I presume, would have a stint in china, was the smallest of the lot. I reckon they are living off grant money at the moment but have a product which could really take off. Again, I have no further details on that gang.
    For what it is worth - I am no spring chicken - and that was the deciding factor for the confirmed offer. They felt it would be easier for an old git to cope with going to a foreign land. Sure, by the looks of it, we all will be getting practise at foreign lands.
    I was the first they interviewed for two of the positions – I suppose always a good sign. Companies have their mind made up before they do interviews normally – it is just a screening to see you aren’t drooling and prone to making others feeling awkward.
    I did computers at school and just finished in June with a 2.2.

to the above poster...
    once EI have handed your details to the company then thats it from them. Its up to the company how much they want to offer you, obviously taking into account 'no less than' figure according to EI.

Anyway it was good hearing a story similar to mine. I'm waiting on a company now that i'm hoping will make an offer. The 2nd (:eek:) interview went well and they will let me know this week. I've had a couple of companies which the position would require a move within the first 6 months, and at the moment that's not viable. I didnt get matched with any companies near where i live, the nearest is about 1.5 hours drive away...

To devs kids 2.0,

The position that you were offered - Did you accept it or did you tell them that you were going to wait to hear back from other companies? If you accepted it already and you get a better offer will you go back to original company and tell them you are no longer interested??

• Registered Users Posts: 10 brenyes

Both of the companies I got 'paired' with were really interesting companies with a great range of products but it was clear that I was not the candidate that they were looking for in either case. They were looking for somebody with on-the-ground experience in their area, and fluency in the language that the job required.

This means I've gotten rejections from both, and it's now well past that 'offer deadline'. Has anyone else gotten new calls from companies for interviews in the last week or two?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 smarts

brenyes wrote: »
    This means I've gotten rejections from both, and it's now well past that 'offer deadline'. Has anyone else gotten new calls from companies for interviews in the last week or two?
    I've heard Enterprise Ireland have extended the deadline for the companies. I still have an interview to do next week and am waiting to receive feedback from two other companies that I interviewed with. Try and keep the faith. Best of luck!

Hey candidates. Interviews are still happening. I did interview today. I was also offered a position from another company though and am now gearing towards them. Are candidates expecting that their accommodation will be paid for abroad?? Has anyone been offered salaries at this stage?? Any ballpark figures?? Any relocation package?? Any bonus agreements??

Hey all, I have an offer in the 25k-30k range, including expenses incurred overseas. What I need to find out is, does this mean that if i travel to the overseas market for 1/2 months or weeks at a time, do the acommodation expenses fall to me? So i have to ring the company tomorrow to confirm. Staying short-term in a place (which will be the case in my placement) is much more expensive then signing a 6-month or year lease for an apartment...

Hey all, same situation here. Offered a place but must negotiate the terms. Had a previous offer where company were going to be paying my accommodation expenses but I am only hoping that this new offer will include accommodation expenses both in Dublin and abroad. I am also hoping for a 30k salary but will have to wait and see. A few free return flights thrown in would be great as well.Any developments by anyone, please post....:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 anothername

I've been following this thread for a while and just thought I'd share my experience...

I was lucky in that after getting the 10% email, I got offered 3 interviews. The first one I went to asked me back for a second interview which involved a 20minute presentation but unfortunately did not get offered the job as they decided to go with someone with experience instead. Second interview I decided not to attend as I just wouldn't be happy with the location in Eastern Europe. Attended an interview with a third company Friday just gone and got offered the job on Saturday afternoon, so anyone still waiting I wouldnt panic, at least not til the end of the week! The job I got has a starting salary here of €23,000 and then a cost of living increment which hasnt been decided yet as they are trying to decide between two locations (the other job was a salary of €20,000 here to start with). €30,000 may be a little bit of wishful thinking??! The 6 month placement involves me having to re-locate and then travel back to Dublin for the time in Smurfit but all in all very happy.

I only confirmed I would take the job yesterday and if I hadnt of accepted the job they would have then went and offered it to someone else so to anyone who hasnt heard I would lose hope yet... dont think ei put in enough work on their time-frame of things! Best of luck to anyone else and keep us updated!

• Advertisement

whats the story with this thing now, is anyone working with companies?

Hey Greenbrain,

Judging by the lack of posts I would say that most people have got their positions and have started there jobs. I am starting my job on Monday with company in Dublin. EI sent an email around on the first week in January that some positions were still available and there would be ongoing recruiting up until the end of January. I hope you get something.

JAG999 wrote: »
    Hey Greenbrain,

Judging by the lack of posts I would say that most people have got their positions and have started there jobs. I am starting my job on Monday with company in Dublin. EI sent an email around on the first week in January that some positions were still available and there would be ongoing recruiting up until the end of January. I hope you get something.

nah man, any offer makes no odds to me at this stage, was just wondering was all. best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 chicagilly

Hi guys,

I don't know if I am on the right thread but was just wondering what is the process involved for the graduate enterprise international programme? Are the aptitude tests rather difficult and what can be expected from the assessment centres?

Many thanks and hope yee are all enjoying your prospective careers :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 eiG4IG

@chicagilly

You will be required to complete a verbal and numerical reasoning test as well as a simple assessment which measures your interests and behavioural styles in the workplace. For the reasoning tests you will be presented with six tabs of information (i.e. text passages, graphs etc) and then asked questions based on the material presented.

The assessment centre comprises an interview and a case study. You will be presented with a business scenario and then as a team you are required to discuss the case with one another and come up with actionable recommendations.

We would be happy to answer any other questions you might have either here on ideally on the facebook page here:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Enterprise-Ireland-G4IG-Programme/238450169516337

Best of luck with your application!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Anonymous_Bosch

I've been invited to one of the assessments. What is the dress code?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Anonymous_Bosch

Forget my question about the dress code; I just booked my time and read the email :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 eiG4IG

The number of jobs on the programme has now been expanded from 100 to 120.

For the best chance of securing an interview, please familiarise yourself with the online assessments which you can practice at www.ei.maptq.com using the password: G4IGpractice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 andrew15

Hey Guys, My assessment is booked for 1 15, any idea what time it would be finished? or what is the latest time I would be out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ddubs

Assessment centres have started I think, anyone on here been through it yet? Has it been similar to how last years posters described it?

Andrew 15 the email I got said we would be finished at latest by 5pm so I guess it depends on what time your interview/presentation section is scheduled

Advertisement