Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting work in the US

Options
  • 30-09-2010 4:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

Really thinking about going over stateside for the whole of next summer but wondering how easy it would be to find work? I have family over there so will prob stay with them to take advantage of the free accommodation. I currently work in a pub so I suppose I have some bar experience.

Would be grateful for any sort of feedback

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

Are you a student? Were you thinking of a J1? There is no other visa option that would allow you to work in a bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Hi,
    I'm assuming you're a student and you're talking about a j1 because you mention the summer.
    Are you at least 21? (Or will you be by the summer?) Depending on your level of experience and which area of the states you plan to go to, you could have a good chance of getting work there. Honestly, a lot of it is down to luck and persistence.

Advertisement