Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deadmau5 in the 02?????????

Options
  • 30-09-2010 4:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

are the rumours true that hes really playin the 02?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Carl Sagan

JohnnyBomb wrote: »
    are the rumours true that hes really playin the 02?

Where did you hear that?

I think the rumour is just coming from the facebook campaign to get him to play in December sometime between his UK dates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭JohnnyBomb

seemingly it was in the paper before tickets on sale soon. also its a week night

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭davestar

It's true :):):)http://twitpic.com/2teg1n .. creamed myself reading the paper .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Makes sense on his part, he can mop up any remaining money from the clowns in Ireland! No doubt the tickets will range between 40 and 50 euro. I haven't really been keeping up with his releases but what has he released that has been decent in the last 12-18 months?

Scandalous!!

Love these threads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭YOP1992

will be full of 14 year olds and scumbags

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Carl Sagan

YOP1992 wrote: »
    will be full of 14 year olds and scumbags

I doubt it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭YOP1992

Carl Sagan wrote: »
    I doubt it.

ah i beg to differ, deadmau5 is in my opinion the new tiesto, a dj that they can use to feign interest in edm , this will be like any tiesto etc. gig, hi-vis and 14 and 15 year olds chewing their jaws

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

Would be great actually if Deadmau5 became the new Tiesto.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

I was trying to read on a bit in that pic. Is he being supported by Calvin Harris and Bloody Beetroots? Would be epic!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Makes sense on his part, he can mop up any remaining money from the clowns in Ireland! No doubt the tickets will range between 40 and 50 euro. I haven't really been keeping up with his releases but what has he released that has been decent in the last 12-18 months?

Scandalous!!

Love these threads
    FYP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭scott.s

Linoge wrote: »
    I was trying to read on a bit in that pic. Is he being supported by Calvin Harris and Bloody Beetroots? Would be epic!

Not the Bloody Beetroots, Steve Aoki

scott.s wrote: »
    Not the Bloody Beetroots, Steve Aoki

Even better! Lets face it, all we want is Warp anyway :-/

:-D

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭mrblondecutsear

Got free tickets for the olympia gig and had a good time but it's ridiculous paying 50 quid to see him. His latest releases are all average at best. It's amazing what a novelty mouse head can do for your career.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Mahogany

It might be full of e-infuelled teens. But hey, we were all that age once. I'm that age now btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭SeanKev

Got free tickets for the olympia gig and had a good time but it's ridiculous paying 50 quid to see him. His latest releases are all average at best. It's amazing what a novelty mouse head can do for your career.

Ignorant isn't the word.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,425 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

SeanKev wrote: »
    Ignorant isn't the word.

I don't think it's ignorance. The mouse head is there for a reason and it's working, we are all talking about it.
    His latest stuff is very average, boring actually and predictable.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭mrblondecutsear

SeanKev wrote: »
    Ignorant isn't the word.

Yeah I don't think my comment was ignorant at all. He's not a bad producer by any means and whatever you think of him I think most will find at least one track of his that they'll like to some extent but I don't see what makes him all that special compared to the majority of producers who are just as good if not better than him other than the mousehead

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Dont bitch about the mau5head, bitch about the people who are just as good but dont know how to make a name for themselves. Joel has a big hat, DP had the robot masks, Harris has the shades, Beetroots have the venom masks, Men in masks you get, MSTRKRFT use hockey masks sometimes, I was at an 18th where the local mobile fella had a pimp suit, Gorrilaz have the animations...Its called promotion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Deadmau5
    Calvin Harris
    Steve Aoki

In fairness, that line-up has won a lot of awards:

1) Worst dance line-up to play Dublin in recent history
    2) 3 of the top 10 biggest twats in dance music at the moment
    3) Most commercial dance line-up possible

Deadmau5
    Calvin Harris
    Steve Aoki

In fairness, that line-up has won a lot of awards:

1) Worst dance line-up to play Dublin in recent history
    2) 3 of the top 10 biggest twats in dance music at the moment
    3) Most commercial dance line-up possible

This is the O2, not Little Big Tent at Electric Picnic. Who do you think can fill a 14,000 capacity stadium who is underground? They are commercial, so what? Nobody is forcing you to go.

Or do you mean that the O2 is losing its reputation for getting the best non-commerical djs in the world?

• Advertisement
Advertisement