Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plumbing Labour costs??

Options
  • 30-09-2010 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭

wounder what kind of prices people are getting for there heating labour. only interested in oil and rad heating. my house has 15 rads with oil boiler and solar panels. 2 zone heating and solid fuel stove with back boiler. will have a well too piped into garage with pressure tank. any idea of price to expect??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭cabledude

Mate of mine is getting almost exactly what you are getting done. Total cost (labour and materials) came to 17k. Re: well and pressure tank. Normally well drilling guy looks after the well pipe's and pressure vessels etc.....

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭homewardbound11

18.5k for solar panels and oil in the garage and pressurized ss tank.
    Trust me and i am close to the finish the plumber was one of the most over paid and difficult to deal with and thanks to the sei these guys still charge what ever they want.

After waiting for 2 weeks for a reply and having his phone shutdown for a week, I was told to expect this as the norm as he was 30 years in the business. Please god the budget will close off this SEAI freebee for the plumbers and make honest people out of them.

Apologies to all genuine plumbers out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

2000 sq ft house, 15 radiators, solid fuel range connected to DHW tank, Log Gasification boiler with 1500l buffer tank in Garage, 3 bathrooms, Kitchen, utility room with sink and draining board. Total labour €4300 (Cash)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭fiestaman

reilig wrote: »
    2000 sq ft house, 15 radiators, solid fuel range connected to DHW tank, Log Gasification boiler with 1500l buffer tank in Garage, 3 bathrooms, Kitchen, utility room with sink and draining board. Total labour €4300 (Cash)

Mind me asking what part of the country you are? i got quoate of 4500. thought it was little dear. kilkenny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

fiestaman wrote: »
    Mind me asking what part of the country you are? i got quoate of 4500. thought it was little dear. kilkenny

I'm in leitrim. Mine included the plumbing in of a gasifying boiler - this took 2 good days extra in comparison to an oil boiler I actually thought it was a keen enough price. I know people with smaller houses and less plumbing that paid up to EUR 7000 for labour alone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

€ 450/day for a crew of 1 plumber + 1 improver around here.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭Casati

I saw a total cost including high quality solar tubes (Irish manufacture not Chinese), including high pressure showers etc installed for about €13k - but with only 12 rads. That included all bathroom suites supplied by myself but installed by plumber

Note - if house is well insulted you should be good to reduce number of rads- well positioned one rad should do any room in a house attracting a B1 or higher BER

Advertisement