Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

links in sigs

Options
  • 30-09-2010 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭

what are the rules with putting links in my sig, got a months ban for mine, i linked a shhoting website, got banned and also called a 'dick'

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

You were acting a dick, it's one of our site rules not to do.

I believe that you and your mates were being overly excessive in advertising a forum that you frequent, so much so that we have censored out the domain name so that you cannot link to the forum again. We may reconsider this in the future, but people from that site coordinated an effort that unfortunately resulted in this action. It's a shame that people decided to do this, but we have to protect our sites user experience and stop our Moderators' time from being wasted.

I am very close to sitebanning these users also, however I haven't had enough time to investigate the extent of the spam and disruption caused by members of the site you linked to. I am way too busy dealing with other spam and troublesome users, so it may be best if you and your mates quit wasting the Mods' time and politely request in the future for your forum to be released from the censor. Otherwise I'll take time out to investigate thoroughly what happened recently.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

i got banned from the hunting section yesterday, and now i have been banned from complete forum, why is this, nothing new has changed

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Contact the Moderators to discuss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

jap gt wrote: »
    i got banned from the hunting section yesterday, and now i have been banned from complete forum, why is this, nothing new has changed

That was my fault. The bans were supposed to include all the shooting sub forums, instead I mistakenly only included Hunting. Sparks since corrected the error.

Advertisement