Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone Troubles!!

Options
  • 30-09-2010 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Okay I bought an iPhone 3Gs second hand and all the contacts and setting from the privious owner were still on it! So I reset the phone by hitting Setting > General > Reset > Reset all setting and data..... and said ok so the phone went about its business of reformatting itself..... That was 2 days ago!!! :mad:
    I's not connected to the PC and it was jailbroken..

So does anybody know whats going on or how I can remedy this problem? Oh did I mention it's my girlfriends phone? and she is not a happy camper!!!! :eek:
    Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

finster wrote: »
    Okay I bought an iPhone 3Gs second hand and all the contacts and setting from the privious owner were still on it! So I reset the phone by hitting Setting > General > Reset > Reset all setting and data..... and said ok so the phone went about its business of reformatting itself..... That was 2 days ago!!! :mad:
    I's not connected to the PC and it was jailbroken..

So does anybody know whats going on or how I can remedy this problem? Oh did I mention it's my girlfriends phone? and she is not a happy camper!!!! :eek:
    Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Try holding the Home and Off button down together until the Apple logo comes up and let it reboot.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭sophie1234

if the above post doesnt work try enter it in dfu mode, i did this when i reset my jailbroken phone and it green screened

Open iTunes and connect the iPhone

Press and hold the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button at the same time.

After exactly 10 seconds release the Sleep/Wake button. Continue holding the home button until you iTunes pops up a message telling you that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode.

It may take a few attempts to get your iPhone into DFU mode

then restore the iphone but you will lose the jail break!!
    hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,435 ✭✭✭jamesd

Yes the forced restore mode should fix it, but I would say since you were jail broken that your shsh files are on cydia so you could still restore 4.01 onto the phone and jail break it again

Download iOS 4.01 and save on your Pc
    Now browse to (C:/Windows / System32 / drivers / etc) in Notepad and open the hosts file, and add the following entry to the bottom of the file.
    74.208.10.249*** gs.apple.com************** <————
    This tells the Pc to point gs.apple.com to cydia s server to verify you can use the 4.01
    Force the phone as in the above post
    Hold shift key and press restore and point to the downloaded 4.01 and it should install

Advertisement