Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

armour purpose ?

Options
  • 30-09-2010 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭

hey couldnt find it this in any of the other threads so hope im not asking the same question again

my first idea on armor was that it was purely for show and that different armours all worked the same way .
    a friend of mine and fellow boardsie mentioned that armor can actually make a difference in multiplayer . can anyone clarify what the differences would be i.e. increased health, shields, ammo etc because i cant see anything along the lines of stats in the armory

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭sierra117x

never mind after a while more on google i realised why i couldnt find any guides etc on the use of the different types of armour . it has no use other than decoration :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

^^ what he said :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

yup its just pointless decoration...that said, i still want the EVA helmet haha

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Batmantastic

maximoose wrote: »
    yup its just pointless decoration...that said, i still want the EVA helmet haha

YES! I can't wait to unlock this, the blue visor on it looks SO slick!

YES! I can't wait to unlock this, the blue visor on it looks SO slick!

i prefer the standard armour they give you . looks nifty to me which is why i was disappointed when i first thought i may have to change it . the only thing im planning on changing is the visor and the firefight voice . everything else is just a waste of credits to me

• Advertisement

finally got myself the helmet, wasnt worth the effort haha

maximoose wrote: »
    finally got myself the helmet, wasnt worth the effort haha

see i think thats part of the problem i see the want/need for a little customisation on peoples characters but the armour is too unaccesable at the prices they charge

sierra117x wrote: »
    see i think thats part of the problem i see the want/need for a little customisation on peoples characters but the armour is too unaccesable at the prices they charge

there are some bits that require a ridiculous amount of credits, but I think the majority of the more 'desirable' ones dont cost that much, they just arent purchasable until you reach the higher ranks

I want the haunted pilot helmet, but I seriously doubt I'll ever get to play enough halo to buy every other helmet in the game in order to get it. It seems way too hard to get.

I wonder if there's some other way to get it that bungie haven't released yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 bonkeyfonkey

The armor is there to add a fake sense of game depth. Works on most people.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 winchesterj54

iv'e never know the armors purpose
    so i made my own itchy as hell though....hahahaha

Advertisement