Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halloween Beers (Saturday 23rd Oct) venue: The Globe 8.30pm

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

That why we play against each other

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

That why we play against each other

Was there one last year? Does everyone start at the same time and just keep going?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

me and Deki won last time it was played.

That's cause you jive turkeys didn't have me to contend with :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

excuse me? I am not a jive turkey thank you :p:p:D:D:pac::pac:

• Advertisement

Deki wrote: »
    excuse me? I am not a jive turkey thank you :p:p:D:D:pac::pac:

Oh Dekipops, you the jivest turkey about :)

In other news, I accidentally found myself in a boards CAFC beers. I wonder will our beer be like that one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Oh Dekipops, you the jivest turkey about :)

In other news, I accidentally found myself in a boards CAFC beers. I wonder will our beer be like that one?

How do you accidentally find yourself in a boards beers :pac:

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    How do you accidentally find yourself in a boards beers :pac:
    Walk into the right bar at the right time and let the magic hit you.

Walk into the right bar at the right time and let the magic hit you.

Exactly! I was there for ages going "Why am I seating in an area reserved for CAFC? What the **** is CAFC?" ... and then I eventually got it out of someone. There were a lot of novelty t-shirts on show. Do I need to buy a novelty t-shirt before the nocs beers?

Exactly! I was there for ages going "Why am I seating in an area reserved for CAFC? What the **** is CAFC?" ... and then I eventually got it out of someone. There were a lot of novelty t-shirts on show. Do I need to buy a novelty t-shirt before the nocs beers?
    I'll be wearing one at mine here in Buffalo

• Advertisement

I'll be wearing one at mine here in Buffalo

Which one are you going to opt for do you reckon? Just so I can gauge the mood

Which one are you going to opt for do you reckon? Just so I can gauge the mood
    Probabbly my glow in the dark Pac-man ghost shirt.

That's nice. I much prefer visual nods than written words.

Bear in mind, I'll be the only one at my satellite beers, but it's the thought what counts.

Well, based on an internet forum, thoughts generally count for quite a bit at these things :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Hmmm, if I'm at this, I won't be dressing up. It was a challenge in itself last year just to dress up on Halloween night, never mind doing it this time around a week before it! :pac::pac::pac::pac:

You both make good points. I should make sure my phone booth is ready.

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Hmmm, if I'm at this, I won't be dressing up. It was a challenge in itself last year just to dress up on Halloween night, never mind doing it this time around a week before it! :pac::pac::pac::pac:

I do like this line of thinking. If LZ can get away with it then maybe I can too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

Noooooo! You have to dress up! I don't want to be the only one there who's dressed up. You have to! And if we all dress up and you don't, well, then you'll just look silly. :P :Pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I was asked by ToniTuddle to drop into the CAFC beers... I'm assuming it stands for Charlton Athletic Football Club.....

• Advertisement

That_Guy wrote: »
    I was asked by ToniTuddle to drop into the CAFC beers... I'm assuming it stands for Charlton Athletic Football Club.....

That's what I assumed. I knew one of the lads but resisted asking him to put usernames to faces, though so many I recognised from random "get to know your..." posts :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭SmileyPaul

so I'm back from beyond the grave :D though I believe very few people will recgnise the name that is SmileyPaul :P

where?
    23rd?
    let us rock.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭trowelled

But my costume is meaningless without yours. :mad::(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

trowelled wrote: »

Don't blame me for my unbelievably lazy ways! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

I have an epic story about procrastination, I'll tell you about it late....
    Don't blame me for my unbelievably lazy ways! :p

trowelled wrote: »

Just make your costume even more elaborate with a joined on LZ-lookalike :) I'm sure you'll win a proize. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

I have an epic story about procrastination, I'll tell you about it late....

Shall you be in attendance? Shall you have an epic costume like last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

Nerin wrote: »
    what is/where is this Globe?

I like couches.

Has messrs got lotso couches? i only remember being up in the kinda cubby hole/lofty/balcony bit.

Oh bugger, I forgot all about this, soz dudes. The Globe is on George's Street, opposite and up a bit from the George. However, it is a smallish venue and I've no idea if they take reservations. Worth a try though!
    Noooooo! You have to dress up! I don't want to be the only one there who's dressed up. You have to! And if we all dress up and you don't, well, then you'll just look silly. :P :Pac:

I'm dressing up! As long as a certain Squirl helps me with my costume...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

The Sub Lounge is now a "Rock bar", so at lest if we go there there "should be" better music.....

But The Global is a great venue but havnt been in it in > 10 years so had no idea of how packed or what music they play.

• Advertisement

The Sub Lounge is now a "Rock bar", so at lest if we go there there "should be" better music.....

But The Global is a great venue but havnt been in it in > 10 years so had no idea of how packed or what music they play.

Where is this Sub Lounge? I've never even seen it, nevermind partaken of its ale. Globe is alright... I always find the main bar gets too crowded though and the clientele is a bit too random (not in the fun quirky way, more so in the "we've just stumbled in because we passed by)

Advertisement